space wolves ccw?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

space wolves ccw??

hey guys its me again, i was just wondering about what honour gaurd said about giving my grey hunters bolters w/ccw. what is ccw?? Im getting confused i think its close combat weapon but other times its not. how can all my grey hunters carry bolters and ccw?? i thought it was bolt pistols and ccw.....so is ccw Close Combat Weapon??? :huh:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Remember your Grey Hunters have True Grit.

Please look up True Grit in the universal special rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

This should be posted in the Space Marine forum, not in the army list forum.
    But to answer your question, they are armed with ccw&bp. They can swap the bp for bolters for x extra pts/model.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

ccw = close combat weapon

space wolves are special, they can use a bolter with a ccw, they get the +1 extra weapon bonus, but not the +1 charge bonus for it..
    Pictures of the Smigs Army for your amusement....
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b390/Holy_Smigs/

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women"

"JESUS SAVES! the rest of your models each take a wound."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True Grit

Yes, if you can give them a bolter and close combat weapon, especially a pf (powerfist) then they can get quite nasty.

This is just my choice, but i usually don't strategize and take a similar army list against most opponents. To me, 40k is mostly a tactical game. Which i define as using using a similar army list to deal with most things. One thing that i feel is almost crucial to do however, is learn your opponents key units. Not individually (i.e. knowing that he uses lots of tanks, so field meltas.) I mean, knowing IG units, or DE units. (Ig = imp. gaurd, DE = dark eldar) For example, i know that lots of IG tanks have side armor around 11-12, so for me, a good weapon is an assault cannon.

1) it's str 6, ap 4. So it not only mowes through ig like mad with four shots a turn, i have a good chance to get rending on a vehicle and that makes penetrating them easy.

2) I play blood angels, and so i try to run lots of attack bikes, because they can move 12" and still charge. So, a squad of 3 attack bikes (regular) can move 12", fire 36" and charge 6". That's a good strategy for me, because i have good range of movement (i.e. can get in, out and around cover.), then i can fire 9 str5 ap4 shots, and still charge getting nie hits at str5 and int5.

That gives me a lot of mobility and with that i can either dodge enemies or move out of their charge distance. Another thing about bikes is that they get an 18"-24" move w/o shooting or charging, but in turn get their saves invulnerablized. Another mobility thing, my bike have a chance to run forward 6" at the beginning of every turn.

Anyways, back to your problem. If i played space wolves, (which I probably will eventually) i would give all my troops with true grit bolters and ccw's for one reason. They can hold their ground and act just like all other tac. squads but they get TWO attacks in CC, not only when charging. Which i feel is a great boon. It gives you the flexibility of other tac squads without (as much) fear of being charged and wiped out in one turn. Also, i hear from a friend that you can give their vet. sarges a piece of war-gear giving them the counter-attack ability, but giving them a +1 as if they charged. That's freakin awesome!

1) You deny your opponent their charge bonus atk.

2) Gives it to you

3) You are about in league with an assault squad at that point. (Meaning you are just like one, or could survive cc)

P.S. if you have anymore questions or something, check out my profile and e-mail me.
    EXTERMINATUS DAEMONICUS.

Copied Avatar of JustikarYuri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know but say if i have 10 grey hunters, 1 has a meltagun, 1 has bolter+pf, 1 hasbolter+pf, the 7 remaining have bolter+ccw* do i have to arm them with close combat weapons??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

nope
    wolves get the CCWs automatically
    Pictures of the Smigs Army for your amusement....
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b390/Holy_Smigs/

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women"

"JESUS SAVES! the rest of your models each take a wound."

+ Reply to Thread