Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
i've been playing with bloodangels for some time now and not once have i seen a bloodangels list without death company with jump packs. me, i seem to use the foot guys quite well, putting them in a land raider( painted black, drybrushed white, very awesome), shooting, then assaulting. this gives the death co more survivability cause normally they get shot by uber shooty weapons. while in assault theres not very many powerfists and such.
my question is, why do people so strongly oppose death co on foot? i can think of some like- having more death co...hum... guess thats it...
anyhow, thanks in advance.
Starting anew-september 22 2005
Personally, i like the jump pack guys for a few reasons.
1) Rhino's get shot at alot as well, especially if someone knows whats inside them. And once they are out they only have a cgarge between 12" and 18", whereas the jumppack guys have a possible charge of 24", not that is an incredibly large charge distance and with such a long range you can somewhat scare off your opponent or charge some of his good squads.
2) I really don't have money to buy a Land Raider and think that they are great but cost too much and don't go with my theme. I usually run lots of fast attack and mast units, so it fits a little better with my theme.
3) I really don't run that many transports, cause i usually roll ones for the black rage, so my guys can move more than your average space marine almost always. Another perk on the Jump packs.
4) I'm going to spend like 40$ on a centerpiece for my army, (A chaplain with a two handed spear, with actual wings instead of a Jump Pack. Of course i'll count it ass two ccw's for the extra attack. :cool: ) And i just don't think a land raider would do the same for me.
5) Lastly, i don't really like to paint tanks, don't find them as cool or easy to paint. I would rather run lots of troops.
Now, if BA could still charge out of a rhino that moved 18" i might reconsider. But until that changes back, i don't think it will be possible.
Copied Avatar of JustikarYuri
Well if you havent seen a list without Death Company,than you havent obviously seen mine.I dont take a chappie and his D3+ 3 Death Company(apart from one who succome to the black rage).
Well the main reason for that is i dont want to spend the money buying jump packs for them,but i will in the future.
Having them foot slogging is the worst possible idea,and putting them in a Land Raider would be a very costly.If they foot slogg then they will get shot down alot more easily if they had jump packs.And they cant move as fast,so they cant move from terain to terain,and will get into combat much later,that is if they even get into combat,which they probably wont.