Blood Angels Return - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Angels Return

Hi all.

Since my recent return to the 40k world, my little brother is interested in playing again. He's got a partial Blood Angel chapter, and is planning on expanding it. However, what books does he need for the BAs? I've got the 40k rulebook, but what codex is current for them?

And while we're at it, any tactical/strategic advice (specific to BAs) to pass along to him?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome back
    For BA's you'll need the rather dated BA codex form your local store along with the FAQ on the GW website, also for reference the new marine codex can come In handy.
    As for tactics I'm quite new to BA's but I'd definatley recommend the following unit's following my few games/experiences:
    Baal Predators
    Chaplains and DC (compulsory!)
    Assault squads (plasma pistols Power fists)
    Tornado speeders
    Scout squads (with hidden power fists)
    Small shooty tactical squads (Vet Sgt for DC optional :lol
    The above squads I find to work very well for BA's do to furious charge DC and the black rage the trick Is to use these to your advantage via the squads above, I'm sure other experienced gamers will have more Indepth Ideas for tactics so I'll leave It to them.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Cadian7th; September 16th, 2005 at 14:21.
    FLAME ON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Nowadays the BA use a combination of their old 3rd edition codex, the sm 4th edition codex.

The final ingredient is the FAQ from the Website:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacema...Dangels%2Dfaq/

I warn you though.........since 4th Edition came round, there's a lot of dissent about the 4th edition FAQ. General threads are that the BA veterans are utterly pointless (since they don't get vet skills) , and that BA Rhinos are now deathtraps (due to the overcharged engines rules).

If the rumblings from GW are to be believed, a new BA codex should be popping up some time in the not too distant future. My money is on some time in the spring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I have the new(est) Space Marine Codex. From a quick Amazon search it seems that the Blood Angels Codex is from 1998. So I guess he needs that, supplemented by the FAQ. Thanks for the link.

+ Reply to Thread