Cadians Urban "Color Schemes" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cadians Urban "Color Schemes"

Well ive been browsing the GW site to look for some cadian urban color schemes and have come up short, only saw a few pictures for it and not really a detail on how to paint them.

looking for a "city" type theme army. So the colors im thinking are Codex grey for the armor and chaos black for the clothing, or chaos black for the armor and codex grey for the clothing.

does anyone done a similar color scheme that can share some tips and pointers? im not the best painter in the world so details are appreciated!

for my guards men i want to keep it basic not to much detail since i have like 80-100 of the buggers to paint.

thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

I have a friend who based them Codex Grey and put Shadow Grey splodges on it plus dots of white and black. It looked great. For Tanks he did Codex, Shadow patches edged in white.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

That's me.

What I did, is go over all the cloth with Codex grey, then put medium sized Shadow grey areas over it, then added small white and black dots randomely over the surface. It looks very good on city-scape maps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

right-on

in my sig is the link to my Nikian IG...

my base units use a simple grey uniform (cloth is codex grey with fortress grey highlights and yellow trim)
    and black armor (again, yellow trim)

in the factory setup i'm working on they work fine,
    not overly camo-ed, but suitable enough to not stand out...

some of the front-infantry i've been working on are codex grey with white/black tiger stripes, and vanish into the terrain a little better (still working on getting pics of those up)...

the point of camo is to create irregular shapes, or at least break up identifiable lines... so just about any random pattern can work..
    Pictures of the Smigs Army for your amusement....
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b390/Holy_Smigs/

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women"

"JESUS SAVES! the rest of your models each take a wound."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robizzle
    That's me.

What I did, is go over all the cloth with Codex grey, then put medium sized Shadow grey areas over it, then added small white and black dots randomely over the surface. It looks very good on city-scape maps.
    any pictures that you could email me?

did u paint the armor black? if so what did u use as highlights?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hardcastle
    any pictures that you could email me?
    I have some nice city camo figures and vehicles, just tell me where to send them!

The uniform is Shadow Grey, the armour black. The whole miniature is drybrushed in Codex Grey, which also gives some nice 'dusty' look.
    The uniform at last got some Black/White/Codex Grey stripes and dots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://us.games-workshop.com/downloa...large/tip2.jpg

found this on the GW site, think it looks pretty good. I might try and look for a "khaki" color scheme now after seeing some examples, i think it look sbetter for tanks and troops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Doom
    I have a friend who based them Codex Grey and put Shadow Grey splodges on it plus dots of white and black. It looked great. For Tanks he did Codex, Shadow patches edged in white.
    I've seen this one in the Codex. I don't know remember if it had a specific name or anything. It looks like a great urban camo scheme to me!

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Nah, the one he was talking about wasnt the one in the Codex, although it is pretty Similar.

These are some pics of my guys. Sorry about the crappy quality, but you can just about make sense of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Picture016.jpg

If I ever get a decent camera, I'll try get them up.

EDIT: btw, I didn't use highlights, there's just too damn many men to highlight, but if I was to highlight them, I'd use a 50/50 mix of Chaos black and Codex grey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

I did a thread on my IG a while ago, they have an urban color scheme.
    You can find the thread here

But, that thread assumes you are using Cathacan models. At the time I had still not get any Cadian models for my army...(I wonder if they had been relelased?).

But as an addendum,
    The Cadian Model Way to paint Urban Ig...PrOtOcoN style.

Steps 1-3 remain the same, finish the clothing before moving onto the armor.

Step 3 (II).
    Since you undercoated the model black and the armor is black you won't need to do much at this stage except make sure all the armor surfaces are black and that it is thick enough (in case of a spray coat or thin coat). Highlight the armor edges with a light brush of codex grey followed later with some fortress grey. To clarify, by armor I mean: The models helmet, breastplate, backplate, shoulderpads, the reverse T at the back where the backplate meets the belt and for the purpose of following this guide you can count boots as being "armor" too since you'd pretty much paint them in the same way.

Step 4, 6 and 7 remain the same except for a small addition of the bayonet, which is simply painted boltgun metal over chaos black and highlighted with mithril silver.

Step 5. Extras.
    A major change from the cathacan models. All pouches and holsters are painted codex grey, making sure the any openings, gaps and such have a chaos black border. There is no white "camo lines" on any of these. The small nub inside the extra lasgun cartridge is painted with a small plop of boltgun metal.

Step 8. Finishing touches.
    Here there's a slight change if you are doing, for instance, a Sgt. model with a chainsword. The Sgts sleeve stripes are painted Shining Gold. Everything not mentioned here most likely follows the set theme of dark black/grey tones into extravagant gold to cold worn metal.

That's it, that's how I paint my Urban IG.
    You can expect pictures around Monday, since I'll propably be able to steal a camera by then ^_^

Now, hope you enjoy and please and questions and comments, I'd be more than happy to answer.
    Last edited by PrOtOcoN; September 17th, 2005 at 12:27.

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast