Choices for Tourney! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Choices for Tourney!

I have an upcoming 1750 pt Tournament, and have some choices to make, and am having some difficulty in choosing. I thought I would put it to my fellow IG LO players for advice.

My basic list is as in the IG list section under a 1700pt list ( I thought is was 1700pts at the time). I play a Grenadiers army with two Grenadier troops, three Veteran Squads with Lascannons, Three Heavy supports, Hellhound, two Lascannon Sentinals. My HQ is up in the air.

I am deciding:

1> How important is LD 10 vs LD 8? I play, ( and everyone else in my area ) that the HSO upgraded (by Commissar) leadership travels through the Vox. Most of my troops are Veterans and Genadiers, so my base leadership is 8. Is the Master vox and voxes worth the 50pts for my entire army? If I don't take the Master Vox, I don't have to take the Commissar and his pts.

2> Demolisher vs Russ. I play for SURE with one Russ and one Bassie. My third HS is either a Russ or Demolisher, and I am weighing wich to take. The Demolisher for its AP2 and better armor, and the Russ for it's relative cheapness. 158 vs 193 pts. Info, I also use a Hellhound.

3> Cameoleline: I give it to my Vet Squads, and I have to give it to the HQ. I love this doctorine, but is it worth the pts in a tourney where I might fight a lot of CC armies?

I like to keep my lists tight for the points, nothing wasted. AARRGGG!!! some choices are frustrating?

"A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

With a universal leadership of 8 or better, I wouldn't bother with a master-vox or a commissar. Keeping a simple vox-caster with your HSO gives you the option to lend a leadership of 9 to one unit be turn that really needs it, but I'd say you'll probably fare alright without an extensive leadership network. If you have close order drill, you'll have the option to improve all your troops (except Grenadiers) to a base of 9 if the need arrives.

For Russes, I prefer the basic Russ myself, but it depends on how you plan to fight with your force. Two Russes and a Bassie would allow you to stand back and bombard your opponent with ordance. One each of Russ, demolisher and bassie could give you a base of fire and then allow your Demolisher to spearhead an armored assault along with the Hellhounds (and maybe the mounted Grenadiers as well?). Use your discretion based on your preferred method of attack.

Given that your three vet squads form an infiltrating forward fire base, and because they're the more lightly-armored troops in your force, I'd definitely hold onto cameoline. Cover saves for entrenched troops are nice. Even better when they're Hardened Veterans and can deliver a massive amount of firepower. If you scrounge up some extra points from trimming things off your list, I'd try and give each veteran squad at least a second plasma gun if not a third if you can manage. At least get one squad multiple plasmas so you can roast MEQs and termies alike as they charge towards your camouflaged troops.

Finally I see that you've got the Honorifica on one on your Storm Trooper sergeants. Not necessarily a choice I'd make personally, but if you're going to then why give him a power fist? He's not an independant character, and doesn't the Honorifica allow the character to take officer-only items? My recollection is hazy, so I might be wrong.

Hopefully some of those ideas/suggestions helped, and good look at the tournament. Be sure to let us know how it goes afterwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I noticed when I was at a tourney recently is that everyone was scared as hell of my demolisher. It didn't do much damage but they always tried to stay as long from it as possible. And in that case it really helped me win a few matches. So you should atleast consider having 1 in your army.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviszko
    Guardsman 173rd, those are incredible - you've impressed me and my friend who I linked it to. Nice work!!
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxjyl1j1r4s
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxveyxdfp4
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihz6s11k5ao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sokhar

Finally I see that you've got the Honorifica on one on your Storm Trooper sergeants. Not necessarily a choice I'd make personally, but if you're going to then why give him a power fist? He's not an independant character, and doesn't the Honorifica allow the character to take officer-only items? My recollection is hazy, so I might be wrong.
    storm trooper vet serg CANT have P.Fist... its a officer ONLY item. he is not a officer and the honorifica states that it DOESNT make the user a officer FYI

hardend vet sergs can have it though....

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Guardsman 173rd
    One thing I noticed when I was at a tourney recently is that everyone was scared as hell of my demolisher. It didn't do much damage but they always tried to stay as long from it as possible. And in that case it really helped me win a few matches. So you should atleast consider having 1 in your army.
    I would agree. People are terrified at the sight of a las/plas demolisher moving across the board. Extra armour and smoke for more fun. Have it move 12" and pop smoke the first turn, I do that with mine and it sure freaks alot of MEQ players out to have that huge gun swooping closer at that speed. Park him in the middle to push back deployment(and scare away assault units).
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I hear you about the Demolisher, I not quite sure why, but Meq players go "IMG he's got a Demolisher!!!!"

It can take a lot of firepower, but usually dies quick. I use mine in conjunction with my Hellhound. They shoot at the Demolisher and leave the Hellhound to flame away!
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

+ Reply to Thread