storm troopers barbicueing time - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

storm troopers barbicueing time

hey im commissar

i have a purley storm trooper army dose anyone else

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

I have a spell checker. Does anybody else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh come on, give the dude a break Megalo.

Mate, your obviously quite new, so next time you start a thread, start something that can go somewhere, that a discussion can be born of, instead of one that provokes yes/no answers.

To your question, there's a few DH players that I know that run DH armies with just Inq's and ST's, but i'm afraid to say, there aren't many on this board.

I'd like to give it a go, but only for the Radical fluff and feeling. Don't think i'd ever go Puritan with just ST's, not my bag.
    I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use them quite a bit I suppose, I'd rather use GKs as "elite-style", meaning having few.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thnx sry i am quite new any help would be great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An all storm trooper army is stupid. If you want that go play IG where you can at least get elite stormtroopers who can infiltrate and/or deepstrike. Even then, using 1 unit choice out of a myriad (well, less so with GK) is unreasonably handicapping yourself.

And Megalo may have had too much fun with his response (although he's had to deal with people here a lot longer than most of us), this is a forum not an instant messaging service.

Take the time to type out "thanks" instead of "thnx". It doesn't even take a full extra second, and it's less annoying to read. It's ok if you make mistakes (say comupance instead of comeupance) but how lazy can you get when you have all the time in the world to type your post?

And don't worry about grammer (suck it!) nazis, nobody likes them

Sorry Megalo, I've seen enough jack asses on message boards (I don't suppose you've been to ign boards?) to make me a pretentious asshole ^^.
    Last edited by Terzo; September 30th, 2005 at 01:09. Reason: Because I jumped the gun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

My reply wasn't meant to be harsh. If someone has the time to post on an internet forum based around a hobby game, then they can spare the extra seconds it takes to check their spelling and grammar.

As for an all-IST army, it isn't a very good idea. IST don't have access to Heavy Weapons, for starters, meaning you're limiting your firepower. And IST really don't do well in CC, so you're limiting your assault power. As Terzo mentioned, if you like IST a lot try making an Imperial Guard army. Granted, you cannot use IG Stormtroopers as a Core choice there, but IG ST have access to Heavy Weapons. Plus, you have the added firepower of the rest of the Guard (tanks, infantry platoons, artillery, etc), and the CC strength of Command squads. If you want, you can still ally an Inquisitor Lord and/or Inquisitor into the IG army for even greater CC strength.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it make you feel better mEGALO, I thought it was funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

If you like Stormtroopers then the best way for sure, is to play IG. You can take a Doctorine called Grenadiers which lets you take up to 3 squads of Stormies as troop choices. You can then also add the restricted troops doctorine called Stormtroopers, which lets you take up to three squads of Elites, these can Deep Strike or Infiltrate. IG Stormies also get stuff that Deamonhunter one don't get, free Krak grenades, cheap power weapons, and the ability to DS and infiltrate.

A Stormie army looks good, as the Kaskrin models are some of the best in 40k, but not the best to win. You need to use them in conjunction with long ranged firepower (IG) or with tougher more wanted targets (Grey Knights).
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with diggums and megalo
    if you want more stormtroopers, daemonhunters isnt the best way to load up on them
    in my limited experience, the stormtroopers are have always been underestimated(sometimes even by myself). this makes them much more effective and surivible than they would be otherwise. however if you take too many of them, then there wont be a lot of other targets to shoot at, so their lifespan drops quickly
    Follow the Signs of the Crimson Thunder...
    Get busy living or get busy dying.
    Innocence Proves Nothing!!
    Daemonhunters- (W-6/L-10) Streak-L1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast