Plasma cannon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plasma cannon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plasma cannon

This is a pool. Who accually uses a plasma cannon. Its a great weapon but its kinda hard to field, Because of the units that can carry it.

Last edited by killjoy1; September 28th, 2005 at 18:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do!
    I think the only viable and best option Is within a 6 man tactical squad with a plasma gun, any other options i.e devs are far to expensive for my liking.
    FLAME ON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

As for plasma cannons, i never use them. Any competent player will instantly deploy their troops as far apart as possible when they see a plasma cannon in your army, so i opt for a lascannon, multi-melta or assault cannon in the case of dreadnoughts. They tend to do much more damage in my experience, and personally, i just lose interest in plasma cannons after a while - i find plasma guns usually cause as much pain.
    Last edited by Lordofchange; September 28th, 2005 at 23:35.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofchange
    If this is a poll...shouldn't you have posted it as a poll?
    As for plasma cannons, i never use them. Any competent player will instantly deploy their troops as far apart as possible when they see a plasma cannon in your army, so i opt for a lascannon, multi-melta or assault cannon in the case of dreadnoughts. They tend to do much more damage in my experience, and personally, i just lose interest in plasma cannons after a while - i find plasma guns usually cause as much pain.
    That's all part of the fun. My new army list has a Gun Servitor with a plasma cannon, as well as a combi-plasma gun on a Vet. Sergeant and a plasma gun on a Tactical Marine. Doesn't sound like much but the army only has 21 models, six of which are Dreadnoughts .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

I use plasma cannons sometimes... I used them with great success once against a nurgle army. I had 3 in a devastator squad, and they blew up half of his troops...

I don't use them all the time though. Mostly just because I want to take some, not because they are particularly good...
    "I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofchange
    If this is a poll...shouldn't you have posted it as a poll?

I clicked on the poll setting but it didn't take sorry

And my persoal use is only in a techmarine squad. And i always roll it first so i can reroll it if its a 1.
    Last edited by killjoy1; September 28th, 2005 at 21:07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use plasma cannons on my sponsons. They work better than the main gun sometimes.
    My blast template of S10 AP2 will toast all terminators.

Iron Clan

Um...that's a good question. Where am i??
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it might just be that i always face really bad opponents, but my plasma cannon normallyfrys anything i play. I have 1 plas cannon and 3 missile launchers in a dev squad. They are useful against tyranids becuase you can frag them and the plasma cannon gives a hard hitting punch. I can normally wipe out a squad of guants with these babies. The plasma cannon is useful against stealers with extended carapace becasue the frags don't have a low enough Ap so they get their 4+ save. But with a plasma cannon...haha, whos up for a pile of smouldering ash?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never used plasma cannons before but one day i might consider taking them.But right now im doing fine without them.Maybe one day il take some against a CSM army.And i hate the thought of the model overheating.Like to sepnd the points on a 5 man Tactical Squad to put the plasma in for some protection and then the plasma cannon just overheats would be devastating,i couldnt take that risk!!
    Cheers,
    Tycho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont ussually take plasma cannons, mostly cause I fight a lot of gaurd, but I have used them before and they can be devestating.
    One Shot, One Kill

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast