Character creation? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Character creation?

I want to create a new character but my knowledge of any rules applied to creation are very limited could somebody help or at least point me in the right direction please thank you very much

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can create your character as much as you want. You just need a reasonable point cost for it and to state all the weapons and special rules and make a model that is WYSIWYG. And you need your opponents persmission. And you can't use in anything offical. But sure create away.
    Back from a long adventure.

Senior Member blood_angelmarine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While this thread is here I mind as well place my question here instead of starting another thread. I also wish to create my own character and in terms of weapons I want him to have something similiar to the Gauntlets of Ultramar on Marneus Calgar (Dual Power Fists with built in Bolters) except instead of power fists have lighting claws with bolters. I have no idea where to find creation rules as well so any help would be awesome. Thanks a bunch guys

W-1 L-0 D-0

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by blood_angelmarine
    While this thread is here I mind as well place my question here instead of starting another thread. I also wish to create my own character and in terms of weapons I want him to have something similiar to the Gauntlets of Ultramar on Marneus Calgar (Dual Power Fists with built in Bolters) except instead of power fists have lighting claws with bolters. I have no idea where to find creation rules as well so any help would be awesome. Thanks a bunch guys
    Well i would use the armoury, and ask your aponents permision, then use a system like the kill teams, where if you break a law, for example having more then 2 weapons, then you add 5 or 10 points in additional cost. Or if you gave him traits like CSM then maybe you would add 3 points more for the treate, like if you fasioned him with furious charge for 15 points out of the CSM codex, and then tacked on an aditional 3 points for what it would have costed to use the power in a command squad. Or if you wanted to give him a heavy weapon, id say look to the orc codes for kustom weapons, or use the highest point values of the weapon, like if you where going to use a plsama cannon that would be 35+ 5 or something because its not normally availabie, then gave him termie armour and youd have a kool characator for a shooty amry. Of course your apponet must agree to it. And dont except him to be good super good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For making a weapon you should find a weapon that is sort of like it then add about 5-10 more points on if you make it better or subract at most 5 if you make it worse. Like if you decided to make force lightning claws add on 80 points. as for giving him skills of other people (like a librarian skills) look at the difference between a commander and a librarian of the same level, and maybe add that on +5. You dont want to make someone so expensive that when he gets hit with a battle cannon you lost half your army. And dont give him 2 relics at once, and make sure if you do give him a relic, like an iron halo, you dont take another one somewhere.
    Back from a long adventure.

Senior Member blood_angelmarine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome guys. Thanks a bunch. Now i have to find out how much Gauntlets of Ultramar cost. I'm going to call them "Fists of the Seraphim" since my BA successor chapter is called "Angels Incarnate". Thanks for the help guys, now on to modeling:shifty:

W-1 L-0 D-0

Wrath of Chosin, currently beseiging Trathnor III
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zealous, for Character creation Id just look at things like Carnifexes and compare upgrades, and compare character to character to get an idea of what the points cost should be for whatever you're looking a creating. Go along similar lines with the weapons.
    I need the bugger so I can see!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you could use Calagar, add x amount of points and use him as a chaplin, assuming you are using Blood Angel rules, Considering you want him to have Calagar's weapons. Just a thought though.
    The Power of the Novels Shall Kill You All!! Muhaha

Ultimate Super Villian Clan; Lurking, Sniper Villian
    Star Wars Clan; Sith Lord
    Imperial Tactics Review; Master of Sanctity
    3500:Marines
    2000: Hordes of Chaos
    1500:Biel-Tan Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

I've created special characters of my own before. When adding up points, I generally work it out as follows:

1. Find the points cost of your base weapons (say, two power fists if we want to emulate Calgar)
    2. Add the points cost of any extra abilities (Marneus has two bolters, which mean one twin-linked bolter, which I would put as ten points extra.)
    3. Add a top-off of points to explain the reason why the weapons have aforementioned abilities. So, Marneus has two power fists. He also has a twin-linked bolter, which is effectively three weapons. Since this is illegal, the weapons must be combined, which adds to the points cost since it jumps the rule against having more than two weapons. This should be small, depending on the weapon combination - if it's a power sword/bolt pistol, not much. If it's a force weapon/plasma gun, add a fair bit.
    4. If your character has Furious Charge/Tank Hunters/Infiltrate, any of those, add the necessary points.

Now, if you do this, your character will likely be really expensive. I look at that as a deterrant to making uber-fighter characters with four veteran skills and force-lighting claws that strike on S6.

Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x4)

two ways of creating completely game-legal "special" characters that other people instead of your best mates will let you use:

1. Just use a normal character (a chapter master, lord, warboss or whatever) and give him a name, history, battle honours, name his weapons (skull splitter, bane of orks!!! a.k.a master crafted thunder-hammer) adn off you go, and no-one can stop you playing, even if you haven't agreed on use of special chracters
    2. use a n existing special character and give him a different name and history and etc.

and another way is use the experience system in the back of the BGB to give him special abilities, and add 10% off his points value (or whatever the recommended amount is) to his points cost.

if you want more than this, go ahead, it's your hobby, right? just don't expect alot of people to let you use your new character with made-up things
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast