Librarium Online Forums banner

Starting Deathwing.

419 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Ebon Hand 
#1 ·
well, i plan to start deathwing, why, because i love the minitures they have.

I understand that for the most part deathwing is a shooty army, and that this should be used to full potential.

in 1500 points i intend to take, 3 units of 5 standard terminators, 1 unit of 5 assault terminators, a Land raider (just want to include it....) and a Master of sanctity with 2xlightning claws (looks cool)

now i havent added anypoints, but have estimated this to be the 1500 points, or near to it.

i wouldnt mind adding a dreadnought to the army either, since they look cool.

#4 ·
jkh13 said:
a dreadnought is a must as assualt cannons in the new rules are amazing!!
yes buy in essence every squad can be armed with 2 so really a dread wouldn't be a wise decsision if u wanted a assault cannon. i would add 2 assault cannons to each of those standard termie squads.

#5 ·
For Deathwing (and if you want a Land Raider, I highly suggest the following:

Librarian w/ fear of the Darkness
4 man Termy cmd sqd, 2x assault cannons, drop pod
Venerable dreadnought, TLLC, ML, extra armour
5 man Termy squad w/ 2x cyclone and Tank hunter
5 man Termy squad w/ 2x cyclone and Tank hunter
5 man Termy squad w/ 2x assault cannon, Land Raider

I never arm my dreads with Assault cannons anymore, because shooty ones are so much better at making up for their points costs.

#6 ·
it says that in a deathwing list it has to be led by the master, which means you have to take a captain. dosent it?

now i was planning to take

Master command with sword of secrets, adamantine mantle, storm shield, termie armour
with command squad of 5 with 1 assault cannon 1 heavy flamer

for my troops:

4x 5 termies w/assault cannon + heavy flamer
1x 5 termies w/2x lighting claws

that would be it.....

thats 1500 points. i was planningn to drop 1 of the 5 norm termies for a land raider crusader, for my assault termies.......

#7 ·
bonjordo said:
it says that in a deathwing list it has to be led by the master, which means you have to take a captain. dosent it?
No, just that the HQ has to be in Terminator armour. Since Deathwing is all stubborn, the points for the Rites of battle are basically lost.

Master command with sword of secrets, adamantine mantle, storm shield, termie armour
with command squad of 5 with 1 assault cannon 1 heavy flamer
You definetly don't want heavy flamers in Terminator squads, or in any squad that goes less than 12" a turn.

If you plan on buying Plastic Terminator squads, I would suggest buying 4, and splitting the Heavy weapons between squads of either 5 w/ 2 assault cannons, or 5 w/ 2 Cyclones. Do not use the Heavy Flamer.

for my troops:

4x 5 termies w/assault cannon + heavy flamer
1x 5 termies w/2x lighting claws
As Deathwing will leave you horrendously outnumbered, I suggest having at least half of your units to use Cyclones. You want them to kill something every single turn, and you will need long-ranged weapons to do it.

thats 1500 points. i was planningn to drop 1 of the 5 norm termies for a land raider crusader, for my assault termies.......
Nuh-uh. Leave LRCs out of games under 2.5k. Seriously.

I guess the most obvious advice I can give is to read the Termiantor Tactica in the articles section. Here's a link.
http://www.librarium-online.com/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=195
Enjoy.

Good luck with the unforgiven.

#8 ·
Rites of Battle still helps with leadership tests, and I have had catastrophic things happen to my Marines over that 1 leadership in a pinning test. It can mean the difference between life or death sometimes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.