Iron Hands - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Iron Hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron Hands

I've decided im going to be doing a new Iron hands army. I was wondering if anyone has had any experiance with them, good or bad, any tips on playing them, tips of painting them and what the army should probibly be comprised up of?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting is simple for them its like black and silver, and one of the hands (right?) is also silver. Or you could just make your own colors, which is more fun!
    Back from a long adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

For units, it wont be hard to believe that an iron hands force will be fielding multiple drednoughts. The more tha scarier, and 6 ven. dreads is mighty scary when given the ultimate 30 pt upgrade. Using sergeants in terminator armour and being led by techmarines is also common for the iron hands as well...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Black armor, metal right hands, metal gun casings and armor accents. The old style used white instead of silver on all parts but the hand (that's how I'm doing it ).

Dreadnoughts and Veteran Sergeants in Terminator armor should figure heavily. The Iron Hands don't have any Terminator squads. Instead, they have squad leaders wear the armor to boost the effectiveness and morale of all their units.

Go (What would you like to know about?)here (post 79).

Wrath of Chosin, currently beseiging Trathnor III
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If yer into doing a bit o' converting give some of yer models bionic limbs and the like. Maybe some cool techy-type add-ons fer show.
    I need the bugger so I can see!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

These guys sound really cool, a whole army of dreadnoughts and smaller dreadnoughts known as terminators.

The one thing I'm curious about is the iron father, at the games workshop site it says that he takes on the dual role of chaplain and techmarine. but what does that mean in game terms? is he just a techmarine with the scions of mars trait?
    "You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

The Iron Father rules are in the Iron Hands Index Astartes entry, though they're 3rd Edition. Now, he's just a Techmarine with an extra wound who counts as an HQ choice.

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x3)

You should use him as a Chaplain instead, seeing as thats the role he takes in an Iron Hands army, and he's supposed to have a 4+ invulnerable that comes from a different force field called a Mechanicus Protectiva instead a Rosarius, though its obviously similar.

I saw an Iron Hands player at a tournament, rocking with two Dreads, a Vindicator, A Predator, loads of Marines, a Techmarine, and an Iron Father, and he went undefeated in the tournament, taking 1st. Don't ever let anyone tell you the new rules have "nerfed" Iron Hands. They are as hard as ever. An easy way to get Iron Hands symbols on your shoulders is to order a bunch of the Iron Hands shoulder pads from the GW bits order, or look for them on Ebay.
    Last edited by Ebon Hand; October 6th, 2005 at 20:19. Reason: See? I told you I said Iron Hands. You never saw this. This never happened. Shut up, it was wicked late. ~.~

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Yes Ebon Hand, iron warriors are awesome but you mean iron hands...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

+ Reply to Thread