Doom Or Glory - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Doom Or Glory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Evening,

I am new and have been trying to figure out which army to invest in. I know that the sisters are probly bad for new guys but the other players that I oppose are new too. They will have a Toa army and a Tyranids. Do the sisters actually do fairly well or is it simply folly?

P.S.
    where is their codex?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

The Toa? I assume you mean Tau?

I would not advocate sisters to a newbie, There is comparably little info available until the arrival of the much Vaulted Codex Witchhunters and even then there is a degree of speculation in that. It is less likely to get a newb into the game

They are not an easy army to use, although not the hardest

It depends on your age and familiarity to other games systems, for a youngster or total newb to tabletop I would suggest space marines, either standard codex or one of the quirkies such as bloeed angels, Space wolves or dark angels, even then, this lot have a fair swathe of special rules that you need to keep track of.
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

I agree with Cheredanine here, the sob are not noob's army. They are not easy to use and to be successful with them you need a lot of patience and to know how to use them properly (which is more difficult as it sounds). They are not classified as one of the top winnings, if you want an army like that then go for the space marines (even though other than the speacial rules sm like blood angels and space wolves I find then to be slow, irrating and have been able to semi-master the art of crushing the little big headed whimps.

The sisters as of yet do not have a codex, but at the moment you can find their details in Chapter Approved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not new to miniature games just to warhammer so personally I think that I could jump in a harder army right off but I am also sure that I will lose many of my first matches and the space marines have no apeal to me
    I prefer having the underdog team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you like the underdog my friend, then I suggest switching to Chaos Marines/LatD, or simply just go with Imperial guard(only if you have a lot of cash and patience with painting). Plus, IG have a spiffy new codex that would be almost newbie-friendly. almost. :rolleyes:
    If Knowledge is Power, then Genius is Tyranny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK well I have been playing wargames for 25 years and 40K since a friend did work experiance at GW and got hold of a beta release of 1st Edition rules.

I started plaing SoB about 3 months ago, primeraly because my 2 young sons wanted to play and I was trashing them with my Eldar, Chaos ond Marines, so I took SoB so that they would have more chance. I ccan still trash them but they are 8 so that really isnt very good, and I have let them win, well that is putting it trather strongly, I have played them in scenrios constructed so that they had a good chance of winning. several times.

That said, I fell if I took SoB to a tourney I would get soundly thrashed. I would seriously recomend not taking SoB as a starting army. For an experianced wargamer who wanted a Challenge take an Eldar army but avoid getting carried away with things like wraith lords
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started playing 40k last winter, and I started a sisters of battle army too. well... I started space marines and built the space marines simultaniously with sisters. The two armies have been neck and neck in size and growth. I was also one of two people in my area who played, so the army I usually faced was my own space marines chapter. I have lost all but the ocasional allied 2 vs 2 cleanse missions, and I have only ever played as the sisters of battle. Only a week ago did I get to play my own space marines army versus something else(tau) and I soundly thrashed them.
    So if you dont mind loosing a lot when you just start, sisters are fine. I found them to be like when olympic runners move to the mountains. They work out and train in the high atmosphere so that they adapt to the lack of oxygen. Then when they run closer to sea level, their body is much more efficient with the oxygen that it gets. sisters are a good army for strengthening your gaming ability in the same way. You try desperately hard to learn new concepts and strategim so that you can only keep from not loosing, and then when you go back to any other army, you try just as hard and wind up conquering with the same startegies.

Closed Thread