Venerable Dreadnoughts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Sydney, Australia
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

Venerable Dreadnoughts

I found rules for space wolves venerable dreadnoughts in aus white dwarf 246 which had a few extra rules than the one in the SM codex (Plasme cannon, TL autocannon, TL heavy bolter and can be picked as an HQ choice) so I have a couple of questions.

1. I'm not sure if this is from 3rd or 4th edition so can space wolves still use these rules?

2. If space wolves can use these rules can anyone else use them?

Also on a half unrelated note: does giving furious charge to a AC & DCCW venerable dreadnought actually do any good? The way I see it the 1 extra initiative would do nothing and the 1 extra strength would do next to nothing so why is it even there?

"You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"

2. Remove Advertisements

Regional South Australia
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x4)

1. It was from 3rd edition, but I believe that Space Wolves can still select it (from memory it was also an HQ choice).

2. No, only space wolves.

1/2 Unrelated: It gives an initiative boost. That is actually very useful against models which can hurt the Dn but which are at I4 or I5. The strength bonus doesn't apply because the maximum of any characteristic is 10.
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

+ Reply to Thread