What Would You Buy First? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Would You Buy First?

Hey Ho. I was wondering, which of these would you buy first (as in I have an Army already but just adding to it) considering I have a budget of about €60/$80.

Well these are what I need to get me from 500 points to 1000pts, and tomorrow I am going to buy something, but just for interest sake, if you were in my position, what would you buy? (I am going to get them all, but what would be best to buy first?)

4 Termies
    2 Rhinos
    10 IST's
    A few GK's
    Dreadnought.

Termies are interesting because I have never painted them before and the dred looks so cool. Rhinos are easy to paint.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Get a Dreadnought, but make sure you get a few magnets with it so you can make it modular. A Dread is a very versatile and powerful unit, probably the best Heavy Support that DH have.
    Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.

Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
    Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
    Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadside_Pilot
    Get a Dreadnought, but make sure you get a few magnets with it so you can make it modular. A Dread is a very versatile and powerful unit, probably the best Heavy Support that DH have.
    Never thought of using magnets, makes sense when you think about it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Can't really answer that question with any degree of usefulness without knowing what you already own. If I suggested ISTs, but you already had 30 of them, what kind of help is that?

Assuming your 500pts makes up a well-rounded force, I'd prefer to get:
    -IST, if you have less than two full units worth
    -Rhinos (or Chimeras) for EACH of those IST units
    -PAGK without special weapons, just to bulk up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I know my post was sorta Vague.

I think I will get a dreadnought, couple GK's and maybe a vindicare assassin, they just kick ass tbh.

Well I have an Inquisitor and a selection of retenue, 11 PAGK's and 10 IST's.

I probably would have gotten more IST's but I am having troubles painting them at the mo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    100 (x5)

I'd say get a dreadnought and/or enough grey knights to be able to make 2 maxed out squads. So in your case, another 9.

The dreadnought will be much needed heavy support, and (IMO) is the best and most versatile heavy choice a (non-allied) Daemonhunters force can have.

The Grey knights are good because they are solid troops, and you can take them as either troop or fast attack, so they are pretty versatile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say a Dreadnought and some Inquisitorial Storm Troopers/Grey KNights, storm troopers are cool becuase if you want to DS alot, your troop choice can be a minimum of 100 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get a Vindicare. Do whatever you want, just don't get a vindicare! He's really not as good as he seems. In a six-turn game, he hits five times. He wounds 2.5 times, not using special rounds. Assuming he gets to shoot every turn meaning he never moves, gets into combat, and has a target on the first turn. For 110 points? not worth it. Pretty on paper, but when you actually look at what he can do... :ninja:

If you want to spend big points on an assassin, then go with the Callidus. Now, that girl is kickass. Or, go with the Eversor- the second best, and cheapest!

=][=
    A man's at odds to know his mind, for his mind is aught he has to know it with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I got a couple GK's (because I didn't have a proper squad), a Dreadnought and a Vindicare. I got the Assassin mainly because I think he looks kicks ass, and I love the fact you can take out specific models.

People say they're no good, but I think I can make him work

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Brother

Quote Originally Posted by IbramGaunt
    Well I got a couple GK's (because I didn't have a proper squad), a Dreadnought and a Vindicare. I got the Assassin mainly because I think he looks kicks ass, and I love the fact you can take out specific models.

People say they're no good, but I think I can make him work
    Ah a fellow brother of the club "Vindicare Kick Ass", I love this guy alot. Fluff is like :ninja: :w00t: :ninja: strike run, strike POW. He doesn't field to well, but more power to you my man. One of this days I am going to get myself a model and paint him, the INQ edition model that is, which is alot better than the standard one. If you don't know what I am talking about go to GW and type Assassin on the 40k shopping area and he'll pop up.

I suggest not getting GK Termies for a while, not until you have big army. These have not earn their point whenever I play against them. And for GOD sake don't deep strike them unless your sure about the safety when they land.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast