Rules Question: Basilisk - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rules Question: Basilisk

I had a question regarding the basilisk.

I was playing a game this weekend and my opponant said that since I took the 'Indirect Fire' option, I would be unable to fire the basilisk normally. Is this true? If not is there somewhere that I can prove it?

AGhost

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a "HOW I READ IT IS" guy. Of course you can still fire directly.

Not as bad as the Chaos khorne player that told me his khornate chainaxes automatically penetrate my tank armour. As for proving it if he won't accept it by reading your codex than best bet is games workshop 1-800 number or e-mail games workshop and print out thier response.
    the codex states the indirect fire rules are used only if you choose to fire indirectly. NOT that if you take the upgrade you can only fire indirect.

If it were the case than you'd see a lot less basilisks.
    I've never had anyone argue about my bassilisk being able to direct fire under, at or over the mimimum indirect fire range. direct fire has less chance to scatter far to. the way guess range weapons work now is awsome for us guard players. only scatter a max of 6 inches away from that one guy you pick to fire at

-Wes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Yes, don't worry, it can fire directly when you take the Indirect fire upgrade. Someone is just scared of your Ordinance!
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NTFH
    ... the way guess range weapons work now is awsome for us guard players. only scatter a max of 6 inches away from that one guy you pick to fire at

-Wes
    whoa the new guess range rules suck. having to guess the range is so much cooler and it really isnt that hard once youve done it a few times(i think 40k needs more player skill based rules rather than everything is run by the dice, that and I think actually guessing is more realistic), and you scatter less so thats better. Probably having a choice which system to use would be best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the new guess range rules are good if you are the one with the mortars and basilisk.....
    how bout that???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NTFH
    the new guess range rules are good if you are the one with the mortars and basilisk.....
    how bout that???

I use my bassie and at least 1 mortar in just about every game I play and I find I hit my intended target more using the old system than with the new system, why? cause I can drop a template right in the middle of a squad guessing the distance and my average scatter is smaller. I'll admit that in a huge battle where I could actually shoot 20ft guessing range could be pretty hard(but thats a rather rare case) but on your average 4x6 table guessing range is pretty easy, and its just so much more fun. oh well thats why house rules are invented

+ Reply to Thread