i need some ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need some ideas

im doing a 2,000 point army no tanks cuz they are a big target in my meta.

i was thinking about

master cammander and a retuine of terminatiors ( id the others are better tell me)

terminatiors for elites

2x tatical squad marines 2 with las cannons

3-2x squads of devisators all with las cannons

and thats all i got i dont kno what to give the segents or should i give them ne thing? also the cammander! and were to spend more poits the fast attack maries? i really would love some help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member blood_angelmarine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) What army are you playing?

2) I love Terminators, not so hot about termie command squads. Then tend to be point heavy and with the lack of mechanized heavy suppourt will take alot of fire.

3) Tactical Squads look good. Lascannons are really effective at taking out other heavy models whether they are heavy infantry or mech.

I'd be able to give you more advice if I knew what army you are playing. Becuase depending on what army you have, you should try and balance out your units corresponding to the chapters abilities.

W-1 L-0 D-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well as far as chapters i really dont kno i was thinking mabe blood angels because i heard there really good all i kno is no SPACE WOLFS sry if ne of u play them but i hate there story so i refuse to play them.

edit: if i play blood angel is mephiston worth takeing a look at ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BA are cool, but for now I'll give you a run down on a codex marine army.

Here's somethings ya have to consider: getting the terminators close? how do you intend to do it? will a terminator command squad be worth it? is it reall smart to spent so many points on Lascannons? what will I do Against swarms?

That in mind try something like this,...

A librarian for HQ, Halo and whatever powers you like.

A fast attack choice, these will serve to get your termies where you want them. Do to the fact that your army lacks in numbers (a weakness of marines) go for a full assault squad of marines, check Chaosbrynn's signature for how to equip them lol, but add a tele homer.

For the Dev squads, go with missles the ability to deal with lots of weak foes and almost as many strong foes as Las will come in handy for such a small army

For troops, give them a heavy weapon if you want but give them some transportation, maybe razorbacks so the squad can keep pace with the rest of your army but tag along some lascannons for anything to big, or Drop pod them close to the termies for support.

Include some assault termies for cc, to help the libby, also a normal termie squad to go with this would prove useful with assault cannons as you will be able to kill off things that are getting to close to your precious cc termies and libby.

Lastly, you can take or leave this advice, in fact you could always use lots of normal termies in conjunction with tac marines and devs to do a shooty list. But if you play BA this is a fairly good suggestion, but instead of the libby you'd want a chaplain, then again you may just decide to use tacs Death and Tac squads then so it's up to you have fun
    Qui est Mortis? Lol, the rep... neggatized for something... lol that nobody payed attention too... Lol Goodbye all, BTW This is permanent goodbye so save some bandwidth mods delete this account :D :evil: :D :evil: :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ty for the info ill have to look into it i wouls like to stay away from tanks in my meta they are a huge target i will look into the missles i have a lascannon fetish i use to play Ig and i had like 50 lascannons in my army ( a bit excesive) but i never played or faught a space marine army and i also havnt played with new rules so... as u can see im far behind

edit: also i really like BA so yes i am playing BA im a sucker for storys ans i like theres the best and through the grape vine i hear they are really good so... BA is in.
    Last edited by Memnark51; October 14th, 2005 at 03:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats, gl with the BA then. But as for any further help I'll leave that to the BA players as they would know better than I

Cheers!

WoW o.O That is alot of Las-cannons..... well, go ahead and keep them then I guess, I suppose your Tac marines will be able to take the lighter more numerous foes.... but try a Hvy bolter or plasma gun with them, or melta (gun) it's up to you.

...No... Tanks? well alright I guess as long as you have a clear goal set then your tacs and devs won't have to move and the assault marines can sneak in and portal in the termies oh won't that be beautiful.
    Qui est Mortis? Lol, the rep... neggatized for something... lol that nobody payed attention too... Lol Goodbye all, BTW This is permanent goodbye so save some bandwidth mods delete this account :D :evil: :D :evil: :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye' it will and ya i really dont kno about the tanks yet due to the fact i played old rules and they were killed to ez then idk i may play them now

o and i also played with like 40 las guns in my Ig army las is like cake to me u never can have enough
    Only the Insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truely judge whats sane.

Armies
    Iron warriors
    Record 1-0-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen Brother Marine. (Chocolate is the Best!) But heck, stick with what you like, that's what makes it fun anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone call for a BA player? First thing you need to get some death company models. You are going to loose some people to death company, and with that footslogger heavy of an army your gonna need probobly around 10, plus 5 more for any chaplains you take. You might want chaplains for control over your company. Another thing yes it is "easy" to kill tanks but you need to take a tank. Right now with no armor you are going to get slaughtered by anyone with enough brains to play right. As for terminators. I know they sound really cool, but if you take them don't min/max your squads, and make sure you are willing to suffer losses when you loose some to death company. I have lost 50 percent of a squad to death company before, and when you just lost 200 points, it changes your opinion on them. Plus if your going to be BA you need to take assault marines. Give your Master a jump pack and stick him in an assault squad (or honor guard, since you seem to want a retinue) with melta bombs and charge people. You get really good bonuses when you charge, and with jump packs you will almost always get it. As for the devastators. Way to many points into a less reliable than normal squad. Every turn you have a 1 in 6 chance that one of them will be forced to move, and you won't be able to fire your lascannons. The solution to this is to take a dreadnaught also, which is heavy support for you, and outfit it for tank hunting (las/missle). That way you have at least 1 thing that is a garunteed tank popper, even if it moves. For your terminators bring a shooty and an assaulty squad. Stick a tele homer on your commander and maybe one on a sargent on one of your tac squads. This way you will get them where you need them when you need them. Make sure if your not taking any tanks to take lots of marines, dont tie up all your points in those 300ish point devastators. They won't cut it when they're dead.

One last thing. Pay more attention to spelling Memnark51 and not abbreviating simple words than to how fast you can type your answer. I have a really bad headache and trying to decipher what you are saying is hurting my head.
    Last edited by theredkitty; October 18th, 2005 at 04:33.
    Back from a long adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no problum on the spelling sry for the inconveince.

so if u think i should tank a tank by that do u mean just one and what tank? I agree with the dreadnaunt 100% i was thinking that my self. And as far as useing a chaplin i dont see many peaple playing them so i have no idea how good they are if you can fill me in? also how to gear him. as for the rest of the army i was thinking:

chaplin+ retuine (dont kno what yet tho)

troops (tactical squadx2 2 with missle launchers)

fast attaack ( as many assult mariens as i can)

heavy support

dreadnaunt (las/missle)

as for the i w as thinking devistaor squads in heavy support. as far as elites i have no idea what to do there.
    Only the Insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truely judge whats sane.

Armies
    Iron warriors
    Record 1-0-0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast