The Perfect 2000 Point Daemonhunter List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok....after countless hours trying to make up my mind (countless meaning about 3 hours or so), i have come up with the most perfect pure daemonhunter 2000 point army list. Please tell me what you think of it.

Deleted for violating rules.

PURE DAEMONHUNTER ARMY LIST TOTAL - 2004 Points

Heh, with 2004 rolling by, thought id be trendy and go over by 4. Well...no it just turned out that way. But let me give brief explanation of army.

People say that a pure daemonhunter army list fares well against most things. But their lack of anti-armor makes then vunerable to a mass of AP shots into your units. So i have devised this army list to solve all problems. The grandmaster and 2 fast attack grey knights squad is the assaulters ofcourse. They will dominate most adversaries in a heartbeat. 16 Grey knights and Grandmaster w/ 5 termies is a lot to deal with. So that makes up for assaulting/tying up units part of the army.

The Tank busters are a little trickier for me. I could only found this list affective if at 2000 points. It took me an infinite amount of time for a 1500 point list that i kept changing my mind with. So with a 2000 points list, i had the chance for an anti-tank tank, a dreadnought to soak up shots/blast tanks, and a meltatorpedo ordanance instead of a lance strike. Most people take Lance strike cus of the strength 10 and whatnot. But 10+2D6 picking only the highest can get 16 AP tops. Probability is saying your gonna get a 3/4 in one or both of the 2 rolls. With that, i thought to myself, strength 10 and strength 8 both mostly wounds enemy troop squads w/ a roll of 2+, so it wouldnt matter much. The thing that made me get meltatorpedo is that it can do Strength 8+2D6 making the highest AP value of 20. WAY more chance to penetrate those hard armour tanks. So basically the torpedo can target tanks/infantry in a destructive manner. I also have 2 squads of stormtroopers as another tank busting squad. If all tanks are destroyed, thats 4 meltaguns into a squad w/ supporting fire. Also, my land raider is meant to carry my inquisitor squad. Talk about firepower. 2 lascannons, heavybolter, then 2 plasmagun shots and a plasma cannon shot w/ 1 of then being able to re-roll incase that occasional 1 is rolled. And like i said, if all tanks are busted, i aim for troops.

Thats basically my idea of the army im goin to build. Im not worried about wargear and whatnot, its just my style of play to add crap onto people. I mean, whats the point of playing if you go w/ fluff all the time right? I think if you build an army that you love and trust thats your own, you got more than an advantage on your fellow enemy.

Please give feedback when you have the time. Im looking forward to seeing what you guys/girls have to say.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well first i think that this should be in the army list section but anyways

If u put a inquster squad in a transport then ill assume u intend to move em but if u do then u wont be able to shoot the plasma cannon.

Also bear this in mind, THE ORBITAL STRIKE WILL ALMOST NEVER HIT, EVER. all it usually does for me is scatter any unit away from the terrain u pick. If your okay with that then go right ahead

I like the rest of the army though.

Happy Hunting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thats the thing. Im gonna keep my guys in the land raider until i get a nice position for them to disembark. Maybe into cover, who knows. Then the land raider can go off by itself and whatnot.

This is also another question i have. What is the real purpose of a land raider if it is just by itself-like if they not carrying troops? Is it just a mobile vehicle that has high armour, blocks line of sight and tries to destroy other tanks? If so then ill keep the land raider, but if not then id rather spend my points somewhere else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take out the dread and put in more GK's also change the melta strike to a lance strike, or put in a purigation squad.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, i forgot one more thing. Im just doin this list as an army list to fight most armies. If i was to play guard like the previous post i made about the basalisk, thats why i wanted orbital strike. Since the basalisk never moves, i thought it would be easy to target it and destroy without it doin much harm. If the lascannons on my dread/land raider was not in range of the basalisk, i wanted some way to destroy it fast rather than to move my land raider and dread slowly across the table to get in range. But, your the veteran im sure so ill take your advice. Ill take out the meltatorpedo and a grey knight termie for the retinue and add another dreadnought w/ lascannon w/o the missle launcher, aim it as a tank hunter and/or assaulter; making my army 2016 if i add extra armour and smoke launchers. *Sigh* i guess the only way to take out the basalisk is deepstriking w/ meltabombs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, im not doin orbital strike. He pretty much convinced me not to. I dont need more GK i dont think. Im not scared about taking out regular units and all; im worried about tanks such as basalisk/whirlwind stuff liek that. Especially the basalisk. Im not saying every game board i play on will be 120 inches long but i still need a way to take care of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why put the Incinerator on the GM and the psycannon in the termie squad? the GM has better bs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Not so perfect list, as
    A] you break the rules of posting in the correct forum;
    B] you break the rules of not listing wargear costs. List removed and thread locked.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Closed Thread