New DH Special Character - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    100 (x5)

New DH Special Character

I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, the current 2 special characters DH have are rather sucky, at least compared to other army's special characters. They are both built for Daemonhunting with alot of psychic powers that are useless in a game that's not against daemons.

I personally have never played against daemons in the time that I have been playing for. No-one seems to like them, and who the hell would use daemons against an army called 'Daemonhunters'. Most other armies have more than 2 special character (certainlt IG) so I think we need a new one.

I think we need a Grey knight Grandmaster special character, who is the Grandmaster of the monastery on Titan/ the primarch of the grey knights (who is the primarch of the grey knights anyway?).

He would be very expensive, but very very good. A hell of alot better than that wimp Brother-Captain Stern anyway What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I truly agree with you that the Daemonhunters SP really have there Cons like Stern cost 141 points but only has TWO wounds, What the hell. Although I do like the Strands of Fate rule for Stern.

If I had to come up with a Special Character for DH I would probably make a Radical Inquisitor that could have a retinue that had special ability Bound Daemons, not the one in the codex (too dangerous). And maybe if he was being used you could summon Unbound Daemons, oooo deadly.

And yeah they could defiantly revamp a Brother-Captain type SP.

But on the note of a Grey Knight Primarch, they don't have one. Legend has it that they pull their Gene-seed straight from the Emperor's flesh. (P.6 of Codex Deamonhunters), but I'm sure they had a founding Grand Master of sorts. Probably dead by now though, eaten by a Blood Thirster or something.

~~~No1:yes:
    The guilty laugh while the innocent suffer.............WELL WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Well, I must say that I do like Coteaz, even when not fighting daemons, he still does his job pretty well with his re-roll to wound hammer and his large ammount of attacks, and his playable, but I'd really have his WS boostes by one even without the henchman as he should be able to has as revered =I= Lord.

But a USEFULL replacement of Stern (or an extra) would be really nice as he's like crap though he has some advantages, but they don't make it vs even the regular GM.
    And the new char should also be able to be played next to the GM you are entitelled to, that would mean the ammounts of nasty force weapon stuff goes up and you have 2!!! Really cool commanders.
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

They aren't going to give us another character until there's a codex redo, which won't happen for a LONG time (as there's like 6+ other codecies ahead of DH).

When they do, I think that Commander NoOne's idea of a Radical Inquisitor would be GW's most likely choice. Right now Radicals are kinda downplayed, and a Radical character could change that. A few months back someone (I can't remember who, my apologies) developed a Radical character in this forum, and even I had to agree that the character was fluffy and balanced.

Changing topics, the GK don't have a Primarch (like NoOne said, again). And even if they did have one, GW wouldn't make him into a character. See any other Primarchs as characters? They would literally own the tabletop if they existed in-game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're talking, like, literally pwning you and your mom and your friends here. It... it's like playing... the Emperor, or Horus, or... someone big like that. Yeah, they're both dead, but so what? Neh.

The Radical guy would be cool, I'd like that a lot... they need more Radcal-specific units, seeing as they have one, and its 0-1. Maybe special Wargear? well, that's not gonna happen for a looong time... can you say 'Fifth Edition?' :ninja:

=][=
    A man's at odds to know his mind, for his mind is aught he has to know it with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lone Wolf Army Builder program contains several new and daemonic wargear items: Grimore Pandaemonica, Sword of St. Aquitane, Books of Pain, Blade of Phaedron. The weapons count as daemon weapons and I have no idea where they came from. Anyone know if they appeared in a White Dwarf or Chapter Approved somewhere?
    "HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

They were in a White Dwarf from 2004 (I think, maybe 2003). Can't be more specific because I don't subscribe to the magazine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    100 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander NoOne
    If I had to come up with a Special Character for DH I would probably make a Radical Inquisitor that could have a retinue that had special ability Bound Daemons, not the one in the codex (too dangerous).
    Perhaps Inquisitor Quixos from the fluff in the back of the DH book, he looks pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

Quixos is dead in GW's timeline, so that will likely not happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Commander NoOne]I truly agree with you that the Daemonhunters SP really have there Cons like Stern cost 141 points but only has TWO wounds, What the hell. Although I do like the Strands of Fate rule for Stern.
    QUOTE]
    the thing is with stern its the fact your paying extra to be able to take another grey kinght termi squad lead by a grandmasterish guy

the point is you can have 2 guys with s6 force weaps
    so in a way stern is pretty good cause you can have him and a grand master
    "My troops can eat their belts. But my tanks gotta have gas."
    General George S. Patton
    my armies
    "They have a gun called the death arc!They are now my favorite 40k race!"me quoting about the xenarch
    The home page of my army
    http://www.bridesburg.net/anthonain_army/index.htm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast