Ab-human doctrines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ab-human doctrines

Does anyone know what white dwarf issue contains the rules for the ab-human doctrines. Also, although I have heard there is no chapter approved this year, is there a possibility that the rules could show up in an end of the year FAQ? Finally does anyone have any opinion on how effective these doctines are?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Abhumans Doctrines are in UK WD issue 303, on page 40/45
    Hope you have that one!
    Chaos does not need explaining! guess what? Chaos cannot be explained!
    Quote Originally Posted by BobaHat
    Chaosdude is a dutch, heretic surfer who hangs around the red light district picking up daemonettes..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

i dont have my white dwarf collection on me right now(at school) but i can tell you what one has ab-humans, when i get home. ill post later, and tell you.

Edit:Whoops!!! didnt see that last post!! nevermind!:tongue:
    Do it fer da ladz, come join da Ork Klan here!

Blood Axes W/L/D-------- 9/7/3
    Warboss Grorg of the Ork Klan!
    Commander of the Rebel Alliance in the STAR WARS CLAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think the US issue is 302 (just so you can get the right issue based on where you're located).

The general consensus on the Abhuman doctrines is that they won't help you win any battles.

But, they're great for conversion ideas and for creating a unique IG army.

I'll probably have the commissars coming after me for saying this, but I like the new doctrines and will probably use them. The question you have to ask is what is more important to you: having an army that can hold its own against any other army (which the IG can do quite well) or having a unique army that may never win but that you've had fun collecting, converting and painting? If it's the former, stick with the tried and true doctines discussed at length on these forums. You still won't win all the time, but you'll have a much better chance. If it's the latter, go crazy with whatever doctrines you want, including ones to make a close-combat army. You will rarely win battles with such a force, but you can still have lots of fun with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the doctrines are really good though, especially Slave Levies. 'Feel no pain' and 'Slow and purposeful' (4+ inv against most weapons and move-and-fire heavy weapons) for a rather modest cost
    Others are not so great. Feral Ogryns give you ogryns with less options and equipment than normal and cost more! :x You're better off just taking the three squads you're normally allowed

All of them are interesting though (except Nightsiders) and can probably be used to great effect in themed armies (except Nightsiders), no to mention the conversion options (except Nightsiders).
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

+ Reply to Thread