Need help in contructing a 1000 or even 1500pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

Need help in contructing a 1000 or even 1500pt list

Ok, heres the thing. I recently brought quite a large imperial guard army, but i was wondering if i had enough troops or vehicles to make a legal army. I have the codex, but the army construction of guard are quite new to me (ie. command platoons?!) - i played chaos before. These are the models i have:

HQ
    Command squad - commissar, 1 creed model (can be used as the army general), 2 SO/JO w/powersword, standard bearer, medic, 1 plasma guard, 2 meltas

Elites
    20 Kasrikin - 2 plasmas, 2 grenade, 1 flamer (ill just choose 4 out of the 5 weapon iptions)

Troops
    40 guardsmen - composed of 4 seargents and 4 vox
    3 lascannon
    3 autocannon
    2 plasma
    2 melta
    3 missile launchers

2 armoured fists squads (i love the looks of the steel legions :tongue: ) - 2 squads in chimeras, each squad armed with missile launcher, grenade lancher.

Fast
    Hellhound
    2 sentinels - multilaser/lascannon (i can switch between them)

HV
    3 leman russes (i know its a lot)

and for some apparent reason i also brought - 6models from the gaunts ghost boxset (snipers?)

Im thinking that this list can field 1000-1500 pts ?......

But all this things about doctrines/platoons and stuff are pretty hazy by my understanding. Also would this make a good/balanced army in its consistency?

Last edited by whiteshields1830; October 21st, 2005 at 07:04.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" -Dr. Suess

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

easily. I'm not good at constructing armies for other people, ask the others for that, but you easily have enough models to make an army. you might have to buy a few tid bits here and there, but not much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You easily have a pretty balanced 1500 points force here.
    In the sticky section of this forum you will see " index of IG articles" , open it, the first article "IG force organization" explains all you need about command and platoons organization.
    Remember you can't field more Iron Fist squads than regular platoons, if you want 2 IF you need to build 2 platoons first. But you can also turn one of the Iron Fists into a Veteran squad. Or give the Chimeras to the Kaserkins and make them Grenadiers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -52 (x0)

good point,

you have a very workable set of men there, I would go with the grenadiers option, giving you something with some more kick than the run of the mill troopers, or with the "mechanized" doctrine, you can work it a little easier and still keep you tanks, kinda like the narmenians in the gaunts ghost novel necropolis!
    "Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of free speech, then you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise. Otherwise, you're not in favor of free speech."
    youve been legal pwned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Here's the way I'd tackle this list:

HQ
    HSO, Standard, Medic, 2 Plasma
    Sentinel, config as you like
    Sentinel, config as you like
    3 AC Fire Support Squad

ELITE
    Stormtroopers, 2 Plasma, mounted in Chimera
    Stormtroopers, 2 GL, infiltrate
    Veterans [Use SL squad. Either drop troops with 3 of the meltas or infiltrate with lascannon and plasma]

TROOPS
    Platoon 1
    JO [These guys pick up the weapons not used by vets. Either Meltas or LC]
    Squad w. Lascannon
    Squad w. ML/GL

Platoon 2
    JO w. ML
    Squad w. Lascannon
    Squad w. ML/GL

Armored Fist, ML, Melta, mounted in Chimera

FAST
    Hellhound

HEAVY
    Leman
    Leman
    Leman

I'm aware that this might require you to mix SL and Cadian models, but this is a pretty decent config with the options at hand. Note that the model selection is a little light on special weapons and heavy bolters.

The tanks alone are going to total somewhere around . . . I dunno, 625? Plus something like 250 in Stormtroopers, like 450 in Guardsmen and vets, 180 in Chimeras, 250ish for that command platoon . . . You could be pushing 1800 with the models you've got. 101 troops is a little lean, but you do have 4 tanks, so that ain't bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

So do u think that i dont need that many tanks in a 1500 pt army?...I mean i know i have invested a large amount of points on leman russ but they rule (well thats my opinion anyway).

The reason i have so many tanks is that i dont want them to blow up before turn 2 (the people i go against are: darkeldar (he has heaps of dark lances and transport vehicles), eldar (2-3 wraithlords with lances, need it say more)).

So u think i should get more troops?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" -Dr. Suess

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

You should always get more troops, that's the general rule of all Imperial Guard armies.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

+ Reply to Thread