Imperial Guard Doctrines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Skills and Drills have improved your IG army the most?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Die-Hards

0 0%
  • Iron Discipline

8 22.86%
  • Independant Commissars

1 2.86%
  • Close Order Drill

7 20.00%
  • Hardened Fighters

4 11.43%
  • Jungle Fighters

0 0%
  • Light Infantry

4 11.43%
  • Sharpshooters

9 25.71%
  • Xeno-Fighters

1 2.86%
  • Veterans

1 2.86%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

First off, I would like to point out that the reason that I don't have Regimental Organizations on here as well as Special Equipment is because the poll only allows for 10 votable items. So the only one's listed here are the Skills and Drills, which make up the bulk of the doctrines anyhow.
    Well, my personal favorite out of all of these doctrines would have to go to Sharpshooters. Although it's not the most cost effective it has helped me out the most. My particular guard army shoots a LOT and I get lots and lots of 1's, half of which become hits on their second roll.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it really depend on what role the unit plays in your army.

but i have chosen sharpshotter as i find it helped my extremely shooty ig army alot.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put on Hardened Fighters...may be costly points wise, but it gives us Guard guys a tiny bit of a chance when in close combat. WS 4 for normal Guard troops, and a WS of 5 for the Officers. That's something I like...plus, it gives my Sentinels an extra attack. I haven't had time to try it out (or the money to get the models) but I plan to eventually.
    A good general does not lead an army to destruction just because he knows it will follow.
    The Tactica Imperium

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=22782' target='_blank'>The Kalabin 3rd and Last</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is hard to beat Close Order Drill vs Ork armies
    IG since &#39;95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:huh: hmmm... i think that close orderr dril is sooo eassy to incorporate in an army, well c&#39;mon its free&#33;&#33; I always use it when I don&#39;t have that many points left. And the initiative and leadership improvements really rock&#33;&#33; Hey, when you think about it, Ig probably has better leadership than marines&#33; (iron discipline and close order drill, etc.) AND Ohh yah, it really helps against orks&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sharpshooters is the best... I had a game today, 1500 pts vs &#39;Nids and DA ina free for all, and it was so worth the points. I rolled double 1&#39;s when I was shooting with two ML at a termintor squad only to have them both turn into hits...
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bad things about the Close order drill are blast weapons, but the doctrine is still useful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The bad things about the Close order drill are blast weapons, but the doctrine is still useful"

The Ork armies i play against do not field any blast weapons. Close Order Drill is punishment for not making the IG infantry spread out
    IG since &#39;95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orks without burnas? What kind of ingrates are your opponents?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Well, I really have to renig on a former statement that I made once. I once said that Close Order Drill looked like a really stupid idea, but I tried it for a few games and I&#39;ve come to love it. Every time I face off against someone with few or no template weapons, I use it and when they get into CC, it has helped my guardsmen not die quite as quick, or at least have a chance to take a few with me...
    Even if they do have template weapons I sometimes use it, I just have to kill the blast weapon absolutely first, or die a horrible death.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast