Thinking of tse guards - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of tse guards

hi all im thinking of starting a IG army. cadians i think.. what should i get? i dont like the look of the LMR.. im thinking of an all elites force. lots of meltas and lascannons.

im going to GW later today so any quick tips might help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Well the Command squad, 2 boxes of cadians, some heavy weapon boxes, some special weapon blisters and the codex. Not all at once of course.
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior poet
    Well the Command squad, 2 boxes of cadians, some heavy weapon boxes, some special weapon blisters and the codex. Not all at once of course.
    why not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, if I got two caidan guardsmen boxes and an armoured fist company box, would it be possible to make a near-500 point list from this ? (Considering that you could convert a 5-man HQ unit from the box of guardsmen)

Thanks

Eek
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would advise against the command squad unless you really like the commander model.

Everything else in there can be bought as blisters and if you haven't made a list yet you might find you don't want the other guys, especially if you want to play an 'elites' force, wearing carapace armour for example.

So i'd suggest you get the Codex first (if you don't already have it). Study it, design a list or 5 and post them here for analysis. Then when you understand the who, the what's and the why's better yourself, and you have a versatile list to work towards, you will have saved yourself some money by not having bought alot of miniatures you won't be using anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok but do you guys think a non viechle army would work??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Of course! Infantry all the the way. Just imagine all the heavy weapons you can get.:shifty:
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

All-infantry can be great. If you give them a good blend of anti-infantry and anti-armor heavies, they'll do fine against most threats, simply because they put so many wounds on the table.

You will have to worry about things like Basilisks and HH submunitions and other long-range template weapons. Lascannons really don't matter vs. all-infantry, but pie-plates will mess you up. And all-infantry just doesn't have the mobility to deal with these threats. I'd recommend you look closely at your fast attack options. A few armageddon sentinels, armored fists, and rough rider squads will probably make you better rounded.

Look at drop troop options as well. This can remedy a lot of your mobility problems. A pair of DS special weapons teams with a demo charge and flamers or meltas can put the whammy on a lot of different targets.

And @Kuja: With a little creative modeling, 2 Cadian troop boxes and an armored fist box works out to an army HQ, a Platoon HQ, 3 ten-man squads, and an armored fist squad. This is a table-legal army worth somewhere very close to 500 points, depending on wargear.

However, this army will probably get kicked around the table, bigtime. You'd have no heavies and your specials would be flamers or GLs.

Although at 500 pts, 50 guys and a tank might do okay, even with GLs.

EDIT: check this thread for some starting options: http://mail.librarium-online.com/for...ad.php?t=47696
    Last edited by IGFreely; October 25th, 2005 at 15:52.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -52 (x0)

dude unless you really just want the models to say oooh, pretty. or have a lot of money, Id seriouslt fo with using the codex and having an aim as to what you want with an army, or go with one of them battleforces, as they have a good mix of stuff, (20 guys + heavies and tank) This is not a bad deal for 90 but considering that youd be paying 35-40 for a pack of 5 officers, of which most wouldnt fit well into your "elite" army, I would stave off on anyting but regular guardsmen until you can find out EXACTLY what kinda list you want... but then again, if you got the chedda go spend!
    "Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of free speech, then you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise. Otherwise, you're not in favor of free speech."
    youve been legal pwned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i was at my local GW shop and my eyes got crossed by all those units. im getting help from my friend. i havent even read the codex yet ^^

+ Reply to Thread