Questions Questions Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions Questions Questions

I have questions hehe doesnt everyone no really
    1. Is it wise to spend the points on a razor back instead of a rhino and is it good idea to upgrade to a las?
    2. if u give space marine vetren term hounors can they have access to the sm armory?
    That is all!

from your friendly neighboor hood Spider man.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Xuy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

1. Not really and if you must take a razorback yes.
    2. Yes
    A billion chinese can't be wrong - eat rice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

For Rhino vs Razorback, it depends on what you're using it for. Since a Razorback only carries 6(? I am a Tau player, after all...), while the Rhino carries 10, they sorta fill different roles to begin with.

Personally, I would use Rhinos for your regular Tac Squads, and send Razorbacks with Devestator squads. It gets you an extra mobile, twin-linked heavy weapon, and can, assuming you're using the usual 5-man Devestator squads, cart them all around when needed.
    Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.

Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
    Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
    Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya so i can have access to the armory with vets with term hounors witch costs points witch sucks but ya i would be using a razorback to carry a unit of 5 or 6 scouts with either ccw and bolt pistols or bolters for support, so i guess a razar back would kinda suit that roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

Just a correction.
    Space Marine models do not get access to the armoury purely because they have Terminator Honours.
    There are two types of model in a SM army which can access the armoury, Independent Characters (which can buy Terminator Honours from there) and Sergeants with Terminaot Honours. So in a Veteran squad which has Terminator Honours all roound (Or a Terminator squad for that matter) only the sergeant may take items from the armoury.
    Also, scouts cannot be placed in a razorback or rhino. They do not have the option, and Razorbacks/Rhinos are dedicated transports and as such cannot transport squads apart from the one to which they are assigned.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

You may also upgrade apothecarys, standard bearers, and company champions with items from armoury. But the squad must first take terminator honnor at 10 points per model. Dont do this its a point sink. In the rarest of ocations when you are tapering your army to fight a sertan army, one with mostly 4+ saves, you might consider a razor back to transport 6 tactical las/plas squads, into ideal fireing postions. All other roles should be filled by rihnos or drop pods. Do not upgrade the lascannons, 11 armour with las becomes a high priorety target, where a heavy bolter is an annoyance, a pin brick that can be painful for a tau, or eldar. Although just for fun, if you fielded six small tactical squads, and 6 razor backs, against orcs or nids, you could really annoy them with lots of shots, and perhaps some surrounding effects maybe trap them and cross fire, dont acctually do this, but it would be fun to play a moch game with some extra rihnos against an orc or nid, just to see what would happen.
    Last edited by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar; October 27th, 2005 at 01:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you need to think of it like this. You take a razorback and your paying 20 more points for a heavy bolter and 4 less capacity. If your going to use it as a transport then take a rhino. If your going to use it as a weapon take a razonback. What I would do if you really are thinking of taking a razorback is take one with HB on a devastator, then deploy/move the whole squad into woods. Now you have 5 heavy weapons, and a safer razorback, though not by much. But you still have a weakish heavy weapon that is probobly easier to kill in some ways with some weapons than a space marine. I would jsut never take a razorback becuase they (and rhinos) usually die before or the turn you disembark, therefore reducing effectivness, and its much better to save some points (thats another space marine or heavy weapon!). But if your gonna take a razorback take it with devastators. Maybe even take a las one, with xtra armor and smokeys. But it is advised against unless you really need that extra las cannon. But don't use it to move unless you REALLY need to. You shouldn't have to move a dev squad unless your about to win and need to pop that last tank.

Oh and forged about boxing in. It works really well if you boc them and have a squad with two flamers from cleanse and purify. Much toastage. and you got them bunched up, so even more! BURN BURN BURNNNN!!!!! ( and yes it works i have done it before against nids and eldar, didn't work to good against orks cuase i got unlucky and tank busted, but it would work against them also i bet)
    Last edited by theredkitty; October 27th, 2005 at 02:28.
    Back from a long adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by AgeofGold
    ya so i can have access to the armory with vets with term hounors witch costs points witch sucks but ya i would be using a razorback to carry a unit of 5 or 6 scouts with either ccw and bolt pistols or bolters for support, so i guess a razar back would kinda suit that roll.
    Scouts can't take transports I don't think.

As far as that goes though, why would you want them to? They infiltrate for free anways.
    We all carry on,
    When our brothers in arms are gone.
    So raise your glass high
    For tomorrow we die,
    And return from the ashes you call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

No Scouts cant take transports.

Secondly, for the well being of your army, you should leave rhinos and razorbacks in the warehouse to rot. They are not good at what they do and only make you spend points on something that will cost you the game.

If you want a transport option, go with drop pods or infiltrate. LR's in very large games (2.5k+).

Rhinos and razorbacks are just to fragile to do their job.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

+ Reply to Thread