Starting a new army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting a new army

hello everyone, I've been playing Tau and Tyrannids for about a year now, but I've taken a liking towards the imperial gaurd. The mass numbers, the numerous tanks, and the bleak hope that maybe they will win the battle. So i want to start and Imperial Gaurd army, the thing is is that i dont have the codex, but i will be getting one+two twenty man sqauds, an hq sqaud, and a basilisk from a friend of mine. So any ideas on how to start this army off, or some tipson playing them would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    FF

loves the funeral for hearts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -52 (x0)

get a codex, generally u play long range, if u have cash and like the models, go for the officer mods, otherwise pick ur poison (catachan or cadian) and mod the hell out of everything.
    "Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of free speech, then you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise. Otherwise, you're not in favor of free speech."
    youve been legal pwned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to play either cadian or steel legion(the boys from armageddon I think), now what do you mean by modding?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Steel Legion will be spendy. The minis are great, but even at a good eBay deal, you'll be paying $2-3 bucks a man. And going mechanized doesn't help either, because if you use SL minis and don't proxy them as STs, you'll need a bare minimum of 5 chimeras just to fill the required slots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -52 (x0)

Mod as in modifying and converting
    "Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of free speech, then you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise. Otherwise, you're not in favor of free speech."
    youve been legal pwned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, i know this getting annoying about me asking tons of questions, but what is a ST, and i understand moding now, but why? and with what?and would i seriously need five chimeras for a Steel legion army? But thanks so far.

FF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SL = steel legion and ST = storm trooper.
    Yes, if you go mechanized, every squad MUST have a chimera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But is it required for your squads to be mechanized? and thankyou for clearing up the abbreheviations Mr. Morr. another question, i couldnt find storm troopers on their online store, I only saw Karskins, yet the same karskin models are used as storm troopers in grey knight armies, so does kaskrin=storm trooper? Do steel legion armies act like the regular imperial armies, and will i need a different codex. As i stated bfore im getting two twenty man cadian sqauds, one of the command squads, a basilisk, and also a steel legion squad(wich i didnt find out till this afternoon)

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Yes karskin are stormtroopers.

The question is do you want to play with an armageddon steel legion? Or do you just want to use a normal army, but with steel legion minis? Both choices are equally legal and valid.

The only problem is you will most likely have to buy steel legion from ebay, you might not get everything you want because as I understand GW no longer produces Steel legion minis.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you say your regiment is armageddon steel legion, yes they must be mechanized and every squad gets a chimera. But nothing stops you from making them a regular infantry regiment, with a different name, that just happens to use armageddon pattern uniforms.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast