Our Terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Terminators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our Terminators

Do our Terminators excel at any role? Compared to the other terminators? There's shooty terminators:Assault Cannons,Cyclone MIssles, Close Combat Terminators:Thunder Hammers,Lighting Claws, we seem the be a little good at everything but master of none, sure a 6 strenght NFW is nice. .

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

GK Terminators excel at assault. Sure, they're *only* S6, but they strike at INITIATIVE, which is the deciding factor in a lot of fights. Most people expect a Termie squad to hit last. The choice to have a FREE TH/SS is nice as well.

Quite obviously GKT aren't masters of ranged warfare. Vanilla Termies get stormbolters, so that's nothing new. And GKT can only have one special ranged weapon, neither of which is as good as an assault cannon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

Our terminators excell at witch ever roll you need them to at the time. As an example in a termies vs. Termies fight ours will win everytime. The reason is that though lighning claw terminators are a little better in hand to hand they cannot shoot at all, and while powerfisting termies can mow down normal troops they don't stand a chance against our higher initative power weapons.

The reason to use Grey Knight Termies is that you can deep strike them and shoot the first turn, and on the second turn move to assault and it doesn't matter what you charge because you can take it down. Normal termies get killed by horde armies in hand to hand because they don't have enough attacks, and assaut termies just get run away from by anything that can't take them. We pop down and then are always usefull...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey Knight Terminators are heinously powerful in HTH and respectable at range, and they don't have drawbacks per se, but they do have limits:

1. S6 power weapons that strike at I4 are very powerful, especially for basic weapons, but they won't work in all respects- most vehicles are too fast to be caught by Terminators on foot.

2. No Grey Knight can take a ranged weapon of S7+, or with AP better than 4. This means that your GKs, including Terminators, can't easily gun down jump infantry, cavalry, bikes or vehicles.

3. Even Terminator armor can be pierced, and Deep Striking a squad of Terminators next to some weapons (meltas, plasma guns) is very dangerous.

Like mEGALOMANIAC said, the main strength of GK Terminators is that multi-attack, high WS, S6 I4 power weapon which wounds just about anything on a 2+. Combined with their great ability to survive most return attacks, they can carve through just about any foe in HTH...but getting them there is the trouble.
    "HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, our terminators aren't so super in hth when fighting army like tyranids. Sure, they hit with I4 but genestealers have I6 (broodlord even 7!!!) and they can have more attacks then termies. And of course rending claws make mockery out of their armour. And S6 against T6 or even T7(new carnifex and he can have up to 5 wounds + regeneration) is not so good either.
    And now deep strike is not so good since space marines have drop pods (a LOT safer then teleport, many times I have lost GM with retinue becouse of teleporting). Of course they are good, but as Gimmers said they are not the best in anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly I had a hell of a time dealing with possed, mostly because they had 2 wounds, Iam glad i brought my Grandmaster and used his power to put one down for sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, our terminators aren't so super in hth when fighting army like tyranids. Sure, they hit with I4 but genestealers have I6 (broodlord even 7!!!) and they can have more attacks then termies. And of course rending claws make mockery out of their armour. And S6 against T6 or even T7(new carnifex and he can have up to 5 wounds + regeneration) is not so good either.
    And now deep strike is not so good since space marines have drop pods (a LOT safer then teleport, many times I have lost GM with retinue becouse of teleporting). Of course they are good, but as Gimmers said they are not the best in anything.
    Of course they aren't! GK terminators aren't supposed to be fighting genestealers in assault, nothing is! Geneastealers have what, a 5+ or 4+ save with biomorphs? That's why terminators have storm bolters and psycannons. Drop pods do cost points, not many, but they do. And if you take a drop pod, that unit HAS to use it. With teleporting, you can decide whether or not you want to deep strike. Going back to Tyranids, if your GK terminators had a drop pod they'd have to use it. You'd probably prefer to set up a defensive position against 'Nids, which your Terminators (or whoever) couldn't help out with. And are you complaining that ST 6 isn't good enough? Most marines need 6's to wound a carnifex, and normal terminators, while needing 2's, go after the Carnifex. GK terminators strike first, hit on 3's and wound on 4's. That's a carnifex-killing unit right there.
    There's an angel on my shoulder, in my hand a sword of gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

our terminators kick ass they have a higher I.
    what i do is DS rite behind using teleport homer then i shoot and kill maybe 2 then i assault and wam!!!!!! sure they get high strength with power fists but there only I1 so i slotter them with attacks at I4 and 5 then buy the time they get to atk there already dead.

Plus just get a land raider and blast em' without there 2+ save the extra 25 pts are nothin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can you even ask that question?! Grey Knight Terminators are far superior to Space Marine ones, because of their initiative, higher weapon skill, S6, and AN EXTRA ATTACK AS WELL, from the true grit!

So perhaps they are not so good at tank/monster killing, but so what? These guys are one of the few things that I would not charge at! As long as you avoid the nasty plasma and demolition cannons etc then these guys are awesome! :yes:
    LO Music Clan Member
    I am leaving. Goodbye. Blame whoever blocked the name of another site, by the name of invision free. Congratulations on having a good site, but by the Lord and the Realm, I take my leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took out a half a squad of GK Terminators in one shooting phase with my SM Terminators and their 2 Assault Cannons. I took 3 out of 6 out. You sound like you are so sure DragonGuard..........
    Vior'la Sept Stealth Division
    Shas'O with converted Cyclonic Ion Gun, Plasma Rifle, Iridium Armor Plates, Ejection System, Stimulant Injectors, and a shield generator
    24 Firewarriors
    Devilfish
    6 Gun Drones

"Politicians don't actually lie, they tell the truth in their own words."
    -Mr. Pongras

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast