Victory Over Orks And Chaos! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victory Over Orks And Chaos!

Ah yes. I had a 750 pt 2v2 game, DH's vs. Orks and Chaos. It was great. We had 300pts left on the board after the game. We played until everything was gone.

It lasted ages, about 5 hours, mainly due to a lot of chatting, and a lack of knowledge of the rules but mainly tactical talk delayed time!

It was a shock for me that Chaos used, get this, a Dreadnought with two CC weapons, a defiler and a predator. He also had an obliterator, and a chaos lord on a bike.

Orks had a Dreadnought, 2 squads of choppas or whatever, a warboss, biker boyz and thats it.

We used 2 dreadnoughts, 2 inq, 2 squads of GK's, 3 squads of IST's two BC's and a callidus.

I must say that the Callidus was sort of a waste. It took 3 turns to get her in play, not including the first turn and then when it did attack it just got to finish off the Chaos Lord and then he got slaughtered by a Warboss. Although the WIYE worked out to help us destroy the Defiler.

We got sorta lucky with destroying their vehicles, but hey, who cares.

Some questions. When can a Callidus jump back? Only if its in combat at the start of a turn, or what if a model moves into contact with it?

Also, if the Inititive is the same for two guys in CC, what happens.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

As for the Initiative question: if they have the same Initiative, they strike simultaneously. Meaning, they both get all of their attacks, etc. and basically deal eachother damage at the same time.

So, you could potentially kill eachother at the same time.

That's how I understand it, anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IbramGaunt
    I must say that the Callidus was sort of a waste. It took 3 turns to get her in play, not including the first turn and then when it did attack it just got to finish off the Chaos Lord and then he got slaughtered by a Warboss. Although the WIYE worked out to help us destroy the Defiler.
    Ah, well. A 4+ Invul save doesn't work all the time. Besides, if she helped kill a battle cannon and made that Warboss divert to attack her (less than 1/10 of your points) instead of, say, a BC and retinue or a shooty Inquisitor that was worth a lot more, she served her purpose. Shame she didn't see combat sooner, though. One of these days I'll have to get some Inducted IG and upgrade their vehicles with Improved Comms. Rerolling Reserves with some FAGKs, Terminators and a Callidus becomes very scary indeed. :shifty:

For models with the same Initiative, they attack at the same time, but for the sake of simplicity, simply resolve one side's attacks, wounds and saves before the other's, and then remove casualties both at once. Then go to the next Initiative step.
    Last edited by Inquisitor Solexus; November 2nd, 2005 at 02:55.
    "HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of these days I'll have to get some Inducted IG and upgrade their vehicles with Improved Comms. Rerolling Reserves with some FAGKs, Terminators and a Callidus becomes very scary indeed
    Yes, Improved Comms are a God send, sometimes I think they were made purely for us to induct vehicles with them.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sound of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts
    And tore the world asunder.

+ Reply to Thread