Librarium Online Forums banner

need some help from DH masters

2K views 50 replies 10 participants last post by  bonedale 
#1 ·
I am intersted in buying a DH army and i want it to be the puritan style. I play against this kid who fields IG, SM, or Eldar. Can anyone give me an army list for a suitable DH army to take out these foes.
PS. Im a newbie so try to put stuff in lamens terms thanks and i only have like 300 bucks. so at least give me a good starting option

#3 ·
first of all that is the worst mindset to have with this hobby. i suggest you slow down, first get a core rule book and read it, not for the rules mind you, but for the fluff. the fluff of this game is truly grand. also look around the forums and find out what i mean about the mind set.

#4 ·
my style of play is a little more in your face with lots of close combat which is a strong point of the grey knights but im worried about number because of there high point. should i add some IQS? or wont that be a problem

#5 ·
Well, if you like a in your face style...I can't really help you, I will be playing with 50 OGKs (Orange Grey knights) along with 2 dreads (Dreadnoughts) and an HQ and a few GKT (Grey Knight Terminators) which will ALL be marching up the board shooting every step on the way to CC!

But make sure you have the BGB (Big Grey Book = Rulebook) and the Codex, also make sure you know the rules.

Mike

#6 ·
murphey i know what you mean i have played a couple matches with my SM and i am already familier with the game. but there is something about DH that i love and i am a big fan of the inquisition. i am a big ordo fan and have read many of ther books. im just not the best strategist when it comes to the game and thats what im trying to improve. i just want a Good puritan style army to get started on my way to victory! And im finding it very hard to do this with the DH because of how varied they can be. But i do want mainly GK

#8 ·
well if u think thats the best way to do it i will. im still trying to figure out whats best for me and i apreciate all the help u can give me. for ur hq do u have a lord or a Gm?

#11 ·
so how does this sound for my first purchase?
WH inwuisitor with ret.
x3 gk boxed sets
x1 gkt box set
x1 gk dreadnaught
x1 vindicare assasin

this is just to get started with on the table u think that ok?

#12 ·
Woah! Slow down!!!

First thing to do is make 500, 1000-1500 and maybe 2000 pts lists, so you know where your going, then work onthe 500 pt list, that way if something dosen't play well if your style you can swap it out early, then modify the remaining list, then just keep moving up the list ladder till your happy.

Plus, you'd need a DH =][= to get an assassin. (AFAIK)

Mike

#13 ·
ok well what should i buy to get started im in highschool and i only get these once a year for christmas(lack of money) thats why im doing all this pre planning and its hard cause i have to wait for the codex. can u tell me what troops i should buy first.........ps mike u truly are an expert and i thank u for helpin a newbie like me

#14 ·
You mean to say you don't even have the codex?

Seriously, you can't just jump in, especially if you only get the chance to get some once a year, do you want to be stuck with a bad list for a year? Better to post your lists here so that the critiquing can begin.

I'm not really an expert per say, really around here I'm more of a rogue, but I know the codex and rules very well, so I like to think I know a few things.

Mike

#15 ·
hey id rather be stuck with a bad list for a year then not be able to play at all i do it for fun not competition and im lovin the DH and GK give me a break....haha i a die hard fan and i plan on stayin that way all im askin is which starting troopis i should buy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.