what can we do to fix warrior weapons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what can we do to fix warrior weapons?

this thread has been estabished purly on the warrior weapons doctrine and what can be done to improve it.
    its obviously broke right now because the extra 2 pts a model just isnt working out.
    you gotta think logically
    that all the other races get great cc options for the same cost

so vs the other near 8 pt cc models guardsmen jus dont stack up
    thing perhaps to improve the doctrine....
    no 2 extra pts... the extra cc attack really isnt that much better than keeping a lasgun and firing it
    give sarges the ability to hold power weaps(if im going up against khorne berserker ill need as many power weaps as i can get
    allow the eavy weap to be substituded with another spec weap(eavys have no place in a cc army

so anyone else have input?

[EDIT: Thou shalt NOT post stats - read the frickin' rules! Aun.

Last edited by jancz; November 11th, 2005 at 21:03.
    "My troops can eat their belts. But my tanks gotta have gas."
    General George S. Patton
    my armies
    "They have a gun called the death arc!They are now my favorite 40k race!"me quoting about the xenarch
    The home page of my army
    http://www.bridesburg.net/anthonain_army/index.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watch the copyright violation, can't post stat lines man. GW policy, don't get librarium in trouble.

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

DUDE Take those OFF! Quick before Blackhat gets burned! QUICK!

~Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... doesn't uk.games~~~.com offer downloadable reference .pdfs?

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Yes, but GW still get really ticky about it for some reason.

~Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

agreed... on the warrior weapon thing
    although, then conscripts would have 2 attacks too... so let's go ahead and make hardened fighters applicable to them as well (by making them count as guard infantry unit), just smack in an independent commissars armed with a powerfist; now just to run around with 3 squads of 50 conscripts with 3ws and 2a and maybe even close order drill for the extra initiative (since the +1ld isn't needed with commisar).

although then, conscripts could be infiltrated/deep strike'd, made into jungle fighters, or any of those things, so i guess maybe not... but they will still be capable of getting the 2 attacks, since they count as one of the any models equipped with a lasgun.

well they can get it now anyways, but i just mean they'd count only still as 4 points a piece
    Last edited by Certs; November 6th, 2005 at 06:08.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

144 (x3)

I'm not sure if Warrior Weapons should be entirely free, but +2 points is too much. Maybe just +1 point per model? 7-point guardsmen isn't so bad, and then they don't stack up quite as grotesquely against Slugga Boyz.

As far as other suggestions go, I'm in agreement that power weapons could probably be standard wargear, rather than for Officers and Rough Rider and Storm Trooper sergeants. Though the cost would probably have to go up to 10 points, since making 5-pt power weapons available to any Guard sergeant could become ugly.

An option for replacing a heavy weapon with a second special weapon would make for a great doctrine, something like "Shock Troopers," where they emphasize mobility. Combined with a Drop Troops or Mechanized doctrine it would make an excellent force with good close-up firepower that lacks ranged power. Even at a somewhat premium price (+50% pts like in Conscript squads), it would still be a very valuable doctrine for appropriate armies.

Conscript squads most definitely should not count as Guard Infantry. Conscripts are not going to be Hardened Fighters, they shouldn't get special equipment, and they shouldn't benefit other doctrines that represent specialized training. They're CONSCRIPTS! If we're going to have close combat oriented Guard armies, I think it should consist of Guardsmen trained for that role, not conscripts overwhelming people with sheer number of attacks.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-170 (x0)

Well, personally I think warrior weaps should be free. SMurfs get a trait that gives them their own warrior weaps for free, and they are also able to have access to drop pods unlike our guardsmen if they take this. :wacko: Bloody SMurfs.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

144 (x3)

Yeah but with Space Marines we don't have to worry about them putting fifty guys armed with close combat weapons on the board for under 500 points, all in one Force Organization slot. With Warrior Weapons costing say +1 point per model, you could get five squads equipped with laspistols, chain swords, and a special weapon for 400 points. And that's 100 CC attacks each round, 150 on the charge, 50 pistol shots, and 5 special weapons. Pretty scary, potentially. You can't balance and base ideas for one army by comparing it to another one, because the value of the unit is based on how it compares to other units within that list. The crappiest shooting or close combat unit in a Space Marine list would be a superior elite option in a Guard list.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw posting stats is against forum rules, and you can get the mods to swoop down on you for it...

warrior weapon guard are really that bad, I mean guard arnt meant to be a cc army and if you wanted to do one just for fun they put that doctrine in there to accomodate that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast