GK Psychic powers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GK Psychic powers

Can a GK GM use a psychic power, say destroy daemon, and use his NFW in the same turn?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of. Using the NFW as an actual Force Weapon counts as your psychic power for the turn, so no, you can't use a psychic power and the NFW's instant kill on the same game turn. You can still use it as a S6 power weapon, though.
    "HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Yes, you can as long as the psychic power does not take your CC attack. There is a psychic power that forces the model to use his hands in CC instead of a weapon thus preventing the use of the NFW.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you can't. It is clearly stated in the rules (I forget whcih page) that a character may only use one psychic power per turn unless a piece of wargear allows it, like consecrated scrolls. Unfortunately, A grey knight can't take this particular piece. As the force weapon counts as a psychic power to use its special ability, you can't useit and another in the same turn.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which essentially means don't give Psychic Powers to GMs. It's a waste. If he's in a situation where it would be more tactically viable for him to use any powers, then you're doing something wrong with your GM. Any time not spent pwning stuff in CC is time wasted. :tongue:

=][=
    A man's at odds to know his mind, for his mind is aught he has to know it with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Since when does the NFW count as a psychic power? I can understand if you are using it as an actual force weapon instead of just getting the +2 STR.

If that were the case Terminators wouldn't be able to use holocaust and their NFWs in the same turn either. The codex indicates that the entire unit uses the power and it is simply channeled through the Justicar. There would never be a reason to use holocaust then as the NFWs are more powerful for termies.

If the GW wants to use the force weapon ability I can understand the comment. But if he already used a psychic power in the shooting phase the force power cannot be used so it would become a normal power weapon.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LordCreampuff
    Since when does the NFW count as a psychic power? I can understand if you are using it as an actual force weapon instead of just getting the +2 STR...If the GW wants to use the force weapon ability I can understand the comment. But if he already used a psychic power in the shooting phase the force power cannot be used so it would become a normal power weapon.
    Exactly. Just keep in mind that a NFW and a Force Weapon are two different things. A GM's NFW counts as a Force Weapon because of his psychic strength. Look at the Force Weapon entry in the DH Armoury, page 17. For Grey Knights, this applies to the GM's NFW and only in its application as a Force Weapon, and specifically states that you cannot use another psychic power in the same turn, thus:

1. If the weilder uses its instant kill power, he may not use another power for the rest of the game turn.

2. If the wielder has already used a psychic power this game turn, he may not use the instant kill power for the rest of the game turn.

BTW, a "game turn" counts as both players' turns, so, for example, you could use one psychic power on either your or your opponent's first turn, but not both, or on either your or your opponent's second turn, but not both, etc.
    "Dang proxy models!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JustikarYuri
    If he's in a situation where it would be more tactically viable for him to use any powers, then you're doing something wrong with your GM. Any time not spent pwning stuff in CC is time wasted.
    That's not strictly true, there's someone I know who has a kitted out Daemon Prince which is something like In6 on the charge, (with Furious Assault). If I can get the charge on him then I have a decent chance of killing him. Especially if I use Sacred Incese as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed recently in White Dwarf battle report from a while back they used both a psychic power and the NFW as a FW, to instant kill an opponent, in the same turn. Was that a bad on their behalf?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C'Tan Pooky
    I noticed recently in White Dwarf battle report from a while back they used both a psychic power and the NFW as a FW, to instant kill an opponent, in the same turn. Was that a bad on their behalf?
    I suppose. It clearly contradicts the Force Weapon rule in the codex...I guess those guys just end up playing with so many armies they forget specific rules. Post or PM me the issue number, by the way, I'd like to read an actual DH article.:yes:
    "Dang proxy models!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast