Commonality of Ultramarines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

Commonality of Ultramarines

Hi Space Marine players,

A quick question.

I realize that "codex" Space Marines are probably the most common 40K list, but I rarely see actual Ultramarines, just "vanilla" Marines.

How often to you see the 'Boys in Blue?

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

All the time. My friends brother plays them doncha know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

170 (x5)

I see more Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Black Templar and Space Wolves than I can even consider. I don't know, maybe I play in an oddball area, but I just don't see too many Ultras.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, on the count of the fact that i play ultramarines, i see them all the time. But, i agree for some odd reason i don't see to many ultra players. lots of people probly caught on with the whole 'ultramarines are so babied that we shouldn't like them' idea .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play Ultramarines as well, but i believe that most people like to have customization abilities, adn with Space Marines you can do that. The different traits really help out those ppl that have tactics based around Fast Armies or Plasma-heavy armies. I myself want to create an Imperial Fists or Raven Guard army to break out of the mold, adn try something different and customizable. PLus the Shrike model is freaking tight! :w00t: :w00t:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

170 (x5)

I love the Imperial Fists, I really do. But, facetiously, I say "I've already painted the Iyanden in codex-faithful colors, so I'm fresh out of yellow."

I have a good number of Blood Angels painted. They look really good, but I get tired of facing myself when I play. Nor do I care to have my opponent say, "Great, another B.A. list."

I painted up an Ultra in the new codex style, with the gold trim and the squad demarcation on the shoulder, and I really liked how he turned out, so I have been considering the Ultras. Plus, they are such a flexible force.

On the downside, the Ultras are denigrated as "the beginner's army". A kid gets a box of Tac Marines, paints them blue, and calls them Ultramarines.

Maybe I'm just having a crisis of confidence here, but what can you play that isn't constantly riddled with cries of being an army for uncultured nitwits?

jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've ever seen an ultramarine army, but then again I only play among a group of friends.
    I can read now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I have seen way more vanilla marines and now the divergent chapters that actual true ultramarines. The few chapters that I have seen have been a mixture of brand newbies and hardened veterans. Newbies play them because that is the way that most new players have seen space marines portrayed (thanks GW!). Veterans play them cause the like the honorable, knight-like sense that arises out of their fluff. Or just to be contrary and prove that the ultras arnt "n00b-army". Personally, I wouldnt have a problem playing them, just for the novelty of being tied hand and foot to the codex. That would be an interesting twist for me, considering my army is about as far from the codex is possible (I play Wolves).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For ULTRAMAR!FOR GULLIMAN!

I play ultramarines probably because the codex is pretty much dedicated to ultramarines and gw has made a lot of their special characters but the place i play them at the people all critize them even though i paint them very well and everybody elses paint job sucks:tongue: except for that one tau player:rolleyes:

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I like the Ultramarines, really I do, I think they are a great chapter, but having to stick to the codex make it really hard to make an original army. Thus I went with a Divergeant Chapter, maybe once I settle down a bit I'll pull out the UltraMarines Blue I got.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast