Considering guard convince me - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Considering guard convince me

I inspired by history class want to start a new army. One in the front running is the imperial guard. I think that i would want an army with lots of guardsmen and lots of firepower. I plan on having 2 platoons with 2 squads of ten each for starters. 2 big squads of Conscripts would go forward to tie up the enemy. I need help though. Any thoughts comments or whatever you feel like would be helpful. Thanks in advance

i chose them cause i wanna get away from the elite of the space marines and eldar. also i want lots of models. the Tau are the other army up in the front of my mind

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're inspired by history class, google around for 'Genwick 33rd'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

I was sorta looking for advice with the guard. Just because they are normal guys and I want a shooty hoard army. Any reasons i should choose guard over Tau are greatly apreciatted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Why not trying reading both the Guard and Tau forums and doing a little legwork of your own, rather than inundating us with a request we see from yet another new person every week or so? Its one thing to ask a specific question (though best to search around and see if it hasn't been asked and responded to previously) or seek out some personal opinions, but basically saying "Convince me to start your army" gets a simple response of "No" from me. Convince yourself, make up your own mind, take some initiative and do a little work. People aren't here to do your thinking for you.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

I'm am currently reading the articles. Ya we all deal with newbs. Sorry if it insults you i'm not just trying to get you to do everything for me im reading all the articles. but i also want to hear what everyone has to say about. Also if you think 1 newb a week is bad try going to the eldar forum there you get about 3 newbs a day

I come from a land down under. Where women glow and men plunder.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sokhar
    Why not trying reading both the Guard and Tau forums and doing a little legwork of your own, rather than inundating us with a request we see from yet another new person every week or so? Its one thing to ask a specific question (though best to search around and see if it hasn't been asked and responded to previously) or seek out some personal opinions, but basically saying "Convince me to start your army" gets a simple response of "No" from me. Convince yourself, make up your own mind, take some initiative and do a little work. People aren't here to do your thinking for you.
    *Swiftly steps away from Sokhar*

"I don't care if you are a genius, that scared me."

Seriously though, he does have a very valid point. If you're looking to start a new army, then you really should make up your own mind. Once you made up your mind, THEN it's great to ask questions, but until then we have to remember one valuable point;

If we help you out and you end up going Tau, that's one more enemy we're going to have to beat. :tongue:

Good luck with your decision.
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I would say if you relate to an Alien civilization, with heaps O' technology, slightly effeminate troops pick Tau.

If you relate to Joe down at the corner Pub, If you relate to a Sherman Tank, If you relate to pea shooters, if you relate to the Pot smoking grunts in 'Nam, If you relate to Stalin, If you relate to Flame-throwers, If you relate to the Master Chief ( that one for you Triumph of Man! ), If you relate to human kind with all of its foibles, phobias, heroism, addictions and accomplishments - Pick Guard.

Sits back......pushes "Submit Reply"......and smiles to self.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

well i guess I've been set straight. Anyways after reading articles i have chosen guard

Diggums Hammer have you joined the Canadian clan. I would like to see your input there
    Last edited by Librarian Augustine; November 10th, 2005 at 05:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

*leaps atop soapbox*

Yes, FEAR me!!....

*wobbles and topples over*

Or not. Librarian, nice job defusing my raging bull, well handled. Since you've narrowed things down to Tau or Guard, its pretty obvious that you want a shooty army. What gets your jollies off as far as shooting goes? Do you like girly-men with ridiculously over-powered guns who float around like out of a bad anime movie firing shots and then running for cover? Or do you like bold men with weak guns and swiss cheese armor, with only their defiance to protect them, heavy weapons to cleave through the enemy like butter, and heavy armored vehicles to run them down like the ragged dogs that they are? Seems like an easy choice to me, but maybe that's not your style. :tongue:

"slightly effeminate troops pick Tau." Diggum, you're the man. That killed me.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

I come from a land down under. Where women glow and men plunder.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose you've all seen the 'Five Reasons why Tau suck at Combat'? and the Halo IG army (Complete with converted MC, Cortana and Captain Keyes)?

Don't worry Sokhar, I fear you.:cry:
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast