Moral Dilemma - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moral Dilemma

I come from a land down under. Where women glow and men plunder.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moral Dilemma

A friend of mine is starting a Tyranid army and asked me to write him up a 400pt Combat Patrol, which I dutifully did, placing a great deal of time and effort into making the optimum army list for his desired style of play, the Tyranid character, and with his primary opponent in mind (my Imperial Guard).

Here now is my problem.

I know, intimately, the very nature of his army list, how it was designed to fight, what it incorporates, the strengths and weaknesses down to a science.

I already have an army list designed to be versatile enough to handle anything I could conceivable face. Now, my force could take his with an average 50/50 shot, even though I designed his army to be able to eradicate mine.

My question…Do I change my army to adapt to his? Or stick with what I’ve got.

I’m leaning towards staying with what I have until I’ve accumulated enough experience playing against him to know his personal weaknesses.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Its always better to stick with what you've got in situations like this. Since its not written in stone that you have to win every game. If you were to make your list so to crush your opponents then were is the fun in that? Any good commander should be capable of adapting to a situation, cause they should never have all the right units to counter the enemy. (Cause for the most part you shouldn't be able to)

Just remember that when you play a fair game its more of a challange and therefore gives you more experience for your other games...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is just the reaffirmation I needed.
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Yeah, I agree...I'll take a fair game over a 1-sided game anyday.
    My 40K Armies:
    ----------------
    - Thousand Sons
    - Mordian Imperial Guard

- TAU
    - Dark Eldar

My Fantasy Armies:
    ---------------------
    - Lhamian Vampire Counts
    - Empire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, it'll still be one sided, just against me this time.

Still, I collect Imperial Guard because they are the salt of the earth, the true blues. I prefer going into battle knowing that, in all likelihood, 1 out of every 10 men will make it back. Makes me feel all heroic when I win.

I have to stop listening to Meat loaf. It's getting to me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Make sure to tell us the turnout of the game when its all done and over with, I'd like to know how your stalwart forces of the imperiums real heroes turned out against the tide of teeth, blades, and endless death...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endless death is right!

4 units of 10 Gaunts with With Out Number.

*Shudders*

On the plus side, it is feasible possible to score OVER 400 victory points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

something they told us in my mcmap instructor course about when we're going to fight one of our students.

you should never fight to win. when sparring, always fight below/at/or just above your opponent's level. this encourages them by building their confidence in their techniques using them against an active resistant opponent. the fight should not be a learning experience for the student. you should always be training yourself, identifying your own weaknesses, correcting them, and correctly exercising techniques with proper timing and efficiency. or something to that general effect.

anyways, keep your battles close and interesting, encouraging your friend and congrating him when he does good things. it helps to increase their interest in the game and make them more enthusiastic about playing.
    i use to be one of the main people who welcomed newcomers and helped teach them how to play at my club back home, as well as offering them advice on tactics while we played, saying 'good work' after some nice move, and adding narrative fluff as we moved our troops around and battled.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Tell my brother to read this... he introduced me to WH and hasn't let me win a game yet!

...For 2 years!! :cry:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ballscratch
    I designed his army to be able to eradicate mine.

It would seem to me that not reorganizing your army to face his would be unfair.

I realize that he is your friend and all, but you aren't doing him any favors by giving him breaks. A person can learn a lot more from a loss against a friend.
    My blast template of S10 AP2 will toast all terminators.

Iron Clan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast