Help with IG/DH list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

25 (x1)

Help with IG/DH list

I just finished paintinfg and assembling a GK force ...

It has
    four units of GK Knights ( with incinirators ) of 8, 8, 6, 6
    a Termie squad ( with incinerator) of 5 including bro/capt.
    a GM or Brother Captain Stern
    a Dreadnought

I've been offered in trade an Imperial Guard army that was used in City Fight

Command squad - Colonel Commisar Preacher
    Vet Squad
    3x Troop squad w/heavy weapons/vet sarges
    Mortar squad
    3 Sniper
    2 Chimera
    1 Leman Russ

Now I've never played guard but I would like to have a guard army with GK allies. I'm not sure of Imperial guard rules but it sems there is no command squad for the three troop choices. Is this a doctrine that is allowed? How could I integrate the two forces?

I'm not a 40k noob, just an Imperial Guard noob. I know that GK on their own might be fluffy but they are near impossible to field successfully without IG. I could add IG as allies to DH but i have enough SM armies ( DW, 13th Company, Legion of the Damned ) already and I'll field the GK by themselves occasionally. I always wanted to play an IG army ( I also have a Lost and the Damned traitor army) and I have a chance now to trade for one. So any advice would be helpful.

2. Remove Advertisements

Northern Virginia
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

169 (x4)

well from the listed available imperial guard troops...
    i'd say, don't much bother using the mortar squad, buy a few more snipers and make them count as a ratling sniper squad, will need at last one more infantry squad as well as 2 command squads for the infantry platoons; or just a command squad and throw one of the infantry squads into a chimera as an armored fist squad, maybe add in a hellhound and basilisk... and you should have a well-off imperial guard army to start playing with and seeing what you want to switch around.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

+ Reply to Thread