armey bilding - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: armey bilding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

armey bilding

i am bilding an armey at the moment.
    i'm begining this is my first 40K armey.
    mabey someone can give me some tips.

this is what i have its an space marine armey.
    1 standerd wirlwind whit vengeance rockets
    1 tac squat whit 1 flamer and 1 missile launcher 8 bolters and sargeant whit bold pistel and chain saw
    1 tec squat whit 2 tech servators and 2 gun servators.

i want to make an 1000 point armey what is the best way to expend my armey
    greetz commando131

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have the Space Marine Codex? If not I would make that the next thing you get. After that be certain you can field a legal army; 2 troop choices and 1 hq. Once you have the basic legal army its really up to you to decide what kind of army you would like to have (pod, shooty, assault, etc..) so that you'll end up with something you like to play.

Stuck up at the top of the forum is a post by Chaosbryn that links to tactics associated with alot of SM units. Reading that would give you an idea of what some of the option are and what they can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Hi, looks like you desperately need some help.

Quote Originally Posted by commando131
    1 standerd wirlwind whit vengeance rockets
    Technically, all weapon variants of the WW look the same. All you need do is let your oponent know what type of missile s you are using before the game starts.

1 tac squat whit 1 flamer and 1 missile launcher 8 bolters and sargeant whit bold pistel and chain saw
    Ok, 2 problems.

1) that flamer has GOT to go. best thing to do with it: Cut off the canister, glue it to the side. Poof, melta gun. Much better weapon.

2)The sergeant. If the squad will be a shooty squad, he needs a bolter. If the squad will be a close combat squad, he needs a powerfist and bolt pistol. What you currently have him equipped with is pretty useless.

1 tec squat whit 2 tech servators and 2 gun servators.
    Man I hope you didnt pay money for this. Unfortunately, this happens to be one of if not the absolute worst unit in the SM armory. There is pretty much no reason to field a techmarine and even less reason to field servitors. I would see if you could sell this to someone.

i want to make an 1000 point armey what is the best way to expend my armey
    What you need:

A codex.

An HQ unit. Best bet, chaplain.

A second trrop choice. Best bet, another tactical squad.

Anything beyond that REALLY depends on what type of army your playing. Buy the codex (its the most important thing for an army after all) and go through the traights. Also take a lok at the other chapters and see if you want to play them. What chapter or traights you will be using changes what you will need.

In general though, look at my sig. It contains the 3 most effective and easiest to use SM units. You will never regret paying for them, unlike the techmarine.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Just thought I'd chirp in....this squad has 11 members.....remember the maximum size you can have is 10.

jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, read Chaosbrynn's signature, you really can't go wrong with the units listed there.

If you don't have the codex, get it. Read through it, look at units that appeal to you and search for topics about them here.

You can look at the army list section to get ideas of what other people like to take.

Read the tatica that's stickied here, it might seem a little long but it's a big help.

As for purchasing things, you really need the codex if you don't have it, you can't really go wrong with a tactical squad or two since you can use them for just about any infantry model. Use the missile launchers in the tactical boxes and toss in some other marines and you have a devastator squad. A landspeeder tornado or two are also good choices bringing some nice anti infantry firepower. As for the HQ the new chaplain models look really nice, and chaplains make great HQ so probably get one of those, except that chaplain model with a powerfist. Powerfist on a chaplain? What were they thinking...
    I can read now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -42 (x0)

Hmmm..

Well here's an army list I use quite often that achieves good results...though you must be willing to see high-points models die...

The Hellfire Knights
    HQ
    Epistolary Boris
    Force weapon, psychic hood, plasma pistol, artificer armour, jump pack, Terminator Honours, psychic powers Might of Heroes and Veil of Time
    230pts

Codicier Corpsegrinder
    Force weapon, psychic hood, storm bolter, terminator armour, iron halo, bionics
    Psychic power Veil of Time
    165pts

ELITES
    Terminator Squad Excrucius
    Sergeant with power weapon
    4 Terminators
    2 with storm bolters and power fists
    1 with storm bolter, cyclone missile launcher and power fist
    1 with assault cannon and power fist
    With Furious Charge
    245pts

TROOPS
    Tactical Squad Chimera
    5 Space Marines with bolters
    1 Space Marine has a multi-melta
    1 Space Marine has a meltagun
    Furious Assault
    95pts

Tactical Squad Interceptor
    5 Space Marines with bolters
    1 Space Marine has a flamer
    1 Space Marine has a lascannon
    Veteran Sergeant with terminator honours, a power fist and a storm bolter and a combat shield
    Furious Assault
    151pts

FAST ATTACK
    Assault Squad Furioso
    6 Assault Marines with bolt pistols and close combat weapons
    2 Assault Marines with plasma pistols
    Sergeant has Terminator Honours
    Furious Assault
    157pts

TOTAL: 1043 pts

Ok yess, it goes over the 1000 point limit but when you play in a friendly gaming club such as the one I am in, we all go over the limit so its alright.

Have fun

Steve
    You have the right to remain VIOLENT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to agree with a few people here:

1) first thing is you NEED a codexpace marines in order to play! theres no way around it.

2) yes another tactical squad would be the best choice for a starter army, they can perform great in shooting and if needbe they can perform in close combat.

3) Chaplain is very good in the close combat section, but we cant forget the librarian and the force commander.

Once you have a legal army play a few ppl, alot of players in this game dont mind playing smaller games, it makes them think how to make thier points count.

But yeah once you have this down and packed find a few more models you think perform the best.

+ Reply to Thread