Platoon HQ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Platoon HQ

Y2K
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Platoon HQ

Hello All,
    I was wondering whether just a junior officer will suffice as a Platoon HQ or does he have to be accompanied by 4 (or more) staffmen?

Also, the IG:Codex and Sample Army lists on GW website contradicts each other. The army lists put just a junior officer as a Platoon HQ, however in the codex it states that a junior officer requires 4 staffsmen.

Furthermore, could anyone tell me whether a HQ squad (HQ option) can also function as a Platoon HQ?

Any help is appreciated.

Rob

Last edited by Y2K; November 12th, 2005 at 05:31.
    RG

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

yes yes, he needs to have 4 staff accompany him

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Y2K
    Hello All,
    I was wondering whether just a junior officer will suffice as a Platoon HQ or does he have to be accompanied by 4 (or more) staffmen?

Also, the IG:Codex and Sample Army lists on GW website contradicts each other. The army lists put just a junior officer as a Platoon HQ, however in the codex it states that a junior officer requires 4 staffsmen.
    Rob
    Speaking of contradictions...Your asking if you can take just the officer but at the same time saying that it's mandatory

To answwer your question, yes you need to take the attendant staff, but I don't see why you wouldn't want to...they are free after all.
    Last edited by Gandhi; November 12th, 2005 at 02:23.

Y2K
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tahnk you both for your help!
    RG

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

I also have a question about command squads but didn't want to make a new thread. CAn command squads take special weapons? I have seen list that have them but in the codex it says nothing about them. oh god what is the answer

hint see my signature I give rep

Y2K
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol ok well, you can certainly have 1 special weapon but other than that I'm not sure how many you can take.
    RG

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by librarian Augustine
    I also have a question about command squads but didn't want to make a new thread. CAn command squads take special weapons? I have seen list that have them but in the codex it says nothing about them. oh god what is the answer

hint see my signature I give rep
    Yes, Command Squads may take special weapons - they are actually able to take more than a normal squad.

Check out the codex entry, and read it all the way through. It clearly states that the Guardsmen can take special weapons.

The Command Squad entry is on the first page of the HQ section - you use that entry for Command Squads for Troops, etc. as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

You can have up to 4 special weapons in your command squads if you so feel obliged.
    ("any guardsmen not acting as a heavy weapon crew may be armed with one of the special weapons from the following list:" p39 Codex: Imperial Guard)
    but unlike special weapons, you only have heavy weapons crew comprised of two of your guardsmen.

although i'd not recommend this, as you won't have any meatshield in your command squad and it'll be a giant round-magnet with 4 plasma guns in it (not too mention any "get hot" casualties). as long as you don't have any of your guardsmen undertaking other roles, such as heavy weapons crew, vox-caster/master-vox, or veteran guardsmen; you can't give veterans special weapons, just whatever is in the armory.

someone brought this up awhile ago, so i'll say it here, but you can't give veterans in your command squad power weapons or powerfists. (had something to do with the picture on the inside of the codex's cover and vet sgts being able to, and possible rationales for it)

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

i don;t mean the special weapons support squad

in my command squad entry it says absolutly nothing about special weapons was that in the FAQ or something?

Eek
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lies Foul Heretic!

We're not talking about Special Weapon Support Squads either.

The Command squad entry and options spills across the TOP half of 2 pages (pg 38 AND pg 39). Keep reading.

Also, for Infantry Command Squads, you use the exact same reference as the HQ one with all available options, but cannot take any Support Squads (anti tank teams, sentinels etc - those that appear across the LOWER two halves of said pages).

If you still can't find it your Codex is tainted with foul and unclean passages and should be taken to the nearest Ecclesiarchal Office for immediate destruction.
    Last edited by Eek; November 12th, 2005 at 05:24.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast