Meltabomb question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meltabomb question

When I buy meltabombs for the Seraphim do all models buy them?Even if they have,say,an Eviscerator?Just trying to scrimp on points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

You don't have to give every member in the squad Meltabombs. You may choose how many, if any at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierced53
    You don't have to give every member in the squad Meltabombs. You may choose how many, if any at all.

This is untrue in some situations, although i am unsure of the wording in the Witchhunters codex. If it's like the marine codex or CSM codex, where it says "the UNIT may be equipped with melta bombs for x points per model" it means the entire unit must have melta bombs and you pay to equip every member. If it says "any number of Seraphim/any model in the unit may be equipped with melta bombs for x points per model" then it means you can give out as many as you want. But if it states "the unit" or "the squad" anywhere in the sentence, as a general rule you have to give the lot of them the bombs - it's the same case in marines and CSM. Of course, you do not have to give them melta bombs at all unless it says "must be equipped with melta bombs" in the description.
    They may be given melta bombs no matter what weapon they are carrying, assuming the description does not say "cannot be used when melta bombs are present". It is assumed they holster their weapon and rip a grenade off their belt, and do not require a hand to hold the grenade when it's not being used.

LoC
    Last edited by Lordofchange; November 13th, 2005 at 22:12.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Hmm, now I am not so sure. After re-reading the Seraphim codex entry, it says "the squad" may be equipped with Meltabombs at +x points per model.

So, I think this means either all in the squad, or none. Of cource, the Vet. Sister can still take them from the armoury, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

When purchasing grenades for the squad it's an all-or-nothing purchase. Either they all have them or none of them. Only squad leaders may be able to purchase them separately if they have access to the armory (purchased through the armory). Grenades may be more expensive when bought through the armory.

Grenades also do not have to be modeled according to the WYSIWYG rules.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

It seems foolish to get any meltabombs if the Vet already has an Eviscerator.
    Don't forget that they all have free Kraks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

kraks usually don't account for much, meltabombs much better to use.
    but... if you have an eviscerator, there really is no point to it and might as well stay with the kraks against the weaker armor vehicles.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever it says "May buy the squad X at Y points per model" you MUST give it to everyone.

But for seraphim, you are better off just giving 1 or 2 of them an inferno pistol. Does the same thing anyway and can shoot guys too.

+ Reply to Thread