Guardsman Syndrom - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

Guardsman Syndrom

I've decided to collect a Guard army of 100+ troops. I've hit 80, but am getting tired of painting the same models. Is there anyone out there that has any helpful suggestions (different colour scemes within one army).

Any suggestions greatly apprecitated!

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

Hm.. maybe I shall start out and asking, what is your current paint/color scheme?

We'll start from there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

The usual Cadian (unfortunatly) Catachan Green armour, with Desert Yellow cloth.

I highlight the cloth with bleached bone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should reach down and grab your grapes and tough out the last 20 dudes. Just think... only 20 guys left!
    What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

"For all the good our lasers are doing, we might as well be spitting at it!" - Dr. Mindbender, Cobra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well,I 've started adding camo similar to the GW Karskin theme to the cloth on my Vets.It really breaks up the drybrushing monotony,although it adds considerably to the painting time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I find that mixing the units up a bit helps. EG - after painting normal infantry for a bit I moved on to my Leman Russ, and then back to infantry and then to my Sentinels or HQ.

Doing this keeps painting from getting monotone because you are constantly painting different models:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

paint certain markings to differentiate between platoons, infantry trained with the use of special weapons, infantry with heavy weapons, officers and commander.

For example, my +200 gaurd army has so many units that I need some indication for different squads. So my normal troops have a different coloured shoulderpad per platoon on one side, and a black pad on the other for officers, blue for heavy weapons, and red for special weapons.

In an army where everyone looks the same, it helps show some difference between certain units and that its not one giant mass of bodies, just six giant platoons...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you got any Hardened Veteran or Storm Troopers, etc. in that 100 figs? They're normally good as they give you a chance to be quite creative with the modeling anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

my army as it is now isn't quite near 200+ (hot damn that's a lot) but i do have around 100+, with 3 full vet squads, 3 full grenadier squads, 4 infantry squads, 2 full units of xeno riders, and random small units of infantry (command squads, special weapons squads, support squads, snipers). all that diversity really did help break up any monotony. plus any converting that i had done to the models.

i could see how horribly draining it'd be though doing 4 giants platoons of guardsmen; props to you.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I know how you feel. Just plug away at it.

When I finished painting my army I decided to purity seal them and discovered that they looked awful. So, I had to strip and repaint two whole squads. NOOOOOO!!!

Lesson learned: Always do test minis.
    It's worth a krak!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast