The ultimate SW HQ? help me out here. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ultimate SW HQ? help me out here.

Hey.

I was thinking that the space wolfs are a very diverse codex and I have always neglected to feild a good (great) HQ unit while playing as them. What do you think is their most powerful HQ choive, that includes all given upgrades. I was thinking it would need a jump pack and some other close combat upgrades.

What do you all think? Anyone wanna write up a good one and post it?

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

I don't like jumppacks on SW since it's unfluffy. I you like the extra movement use a bike instead. The extra Toughness is nice and noe oyu get to use two weapons even on a bike.

I normally use a wolf priest because of the potions and balms which makes the unit he joins ignore one failde armour save per round (from shooting that is)

Many people use a ven dread as the second choice due to the reroll you get when getting to move first.

I like the rune priest due to the stormcaller ability (charging whiler in cover and thus get to strike first) yummy.

I find it better to put the HQ in an squad of Blood Claws than get expensive wolf guard. You can equip the BCs with enough stuff so you dont need WG.
    Ikterus

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Rune Priest, hands down the most powerful Space marine HQ, when used correctly.

wargear:

Chooser of the slain
    Frost Axe
    Strom shield
    Wolf trooth neclace
    wolf pelt
    Terminator honnors <-- i dont have my codex, this might already be including in profile

The rusult?

Six attacks counter or normal charging, 4+ Inv in CC, 10 I on or recieving the charge, with a succesful passage of physic test, to him and all members of this squad. Strenths 5. Chooser of the slain also gives you some sort of advatage against infiltratots, but that probably wont effect the game.

Indeed and all for around 133, but check that math.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. I like that Rune-priest, he sounds powerful. Though could you please explain the Choosen of the slain, I've never fully understood it sadly. I do own the SW codex I just never got it.
    98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Chooser of the slain, is like a familair for a librarain, it gives a bonus to a stat catagory, in this case, instead of it making the libararians I5 be I6, it makes a runes priest with a NONE 1 handed weapon, like a strom shield(bolters strom bolter, combi weapon, ect., get +1 attack, as though he where holding a bolt pistol and a power sword. Basically the best upgrade in the game for an HQ. It allows for both HQs to have a 4+ inv in CC, which is the nicest thing about it. The second, and annoying part of the item, is that any units with infiltrators, such as scouts, may not infriltrate, UNLESS they roll a D6, and get a 4+, this happens during the time when infiltrators are allowed to deploy. So just after normal deployment, just before rolling to see who goes first (thats when you deploy infiltrators) Peace, and happy hunting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a few different HQs, for different situations.

Rune Priest: I use this one in a rhino with a GH pack, fully tooled with 2 PFs, 2 PPs and a plasma gun. I cast Storm Caller each turn and force them to get blasted with hot plasma/get charged next turn, or charge me and let me strike first. Works wonders. Last game, this squad single-handedly killed a Carnifex, a full squad of Genestealers and a Warrior brood.

Frost Blade/Storm Shield/Chooser/Wolf Pelt

Wolf Lord: Always leads my BC bikers on seek-and-destroy missions. A lot of people dislike bikes due to their high cost and low attacks, but they're nothing to sneeze at, I promise you. I've had them rip apart three Necron units before they got piled on, and even then my Wolf Lord continued to annihilate enemies.

Frost Blade/Bolt Pistol/Belt of Russ/Runic Charm/Wolf Pelt/Frags

And, on the rare occasion I footslog a huge pack of BCs, I take the Rune Priest above and a Wolf Priest with HP&B.....my opponents really hate that squad.
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

the priest should have a toothed neclace for charactor assasinations, if the other player has a charactor, and you charge, you still get I10, so you can cut him down easy with 6 attacks, at 5s, so hit and wounding on 3s, with 6 attacks, is 3 wounds, depending on if the charactor has an inverable save or not, gernaally this works best againt weaker charactors, dont try this against a Grand master of the deathwing, hell punish you royally for such a mistake. However, against a 2 wound master, however, you could probably shop him up, and then force the squad to fall back pretty fast, since they revert back to leader ship 9 or 8, helping you win more assaults later. Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel that I can use those points elsewhere, and get more out of them. Such as for extra armor somewhere, or a power weapon in a squad.

In most cases, my characters will be hitting on a 4+ or better, and even if I do come across a nasty character, most of the time a power fist will splat them for me.
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

The most isloated capital city in the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used a Wolf Lord for a while, but then experimented with to Wolf Guard Battle Leaders

Wargear for 1st
    Master Crafted Frost Blade
    Bolt Pistol
    Belt of Russ
    Wolf Pelt
    Wolf Tooth Necklace
    Wolf Tail Talisman

Wargear for 2nd
    Master Crafted Power Fist
    Bolt Pistol
    Bionics
    Wolf Pelt
    Wolf Tooth Necklace
    Wolf Tail Talisman

Using them as a tag team in a BC squad usally makes the opposing enemy dissapear into a red mist extremely quickly. Hasn't failed me yet
    Only a few prefer liberty - the majority seek nothing more than fair masters

Sallust, Histories

+ Reply to Thread