Sisters, Templars, and Bears... oh my! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Sisters, Templars, and Bears... oh my!

Perhaps not bears, but rogue psykers at least. I've been wanting to collect a few inquisition models simply because they look damn nifty. With my Black Templars, Witch Hunters seem a rather natural fit. One thing I'm cautious of, however, is fielding WHs and allowing my opponent to field psykers.

Reading the rules, I really can't tell if allowing the adversary units is mandatory or optional (beyond how -every- rule is really optional when it comes right down to it.)
    Do they tend to give your an opponent much of an edge?

I don't have any intention on rushing out and picking the models up yet (I still have to finish painting Templars, for one.) I'm just starting to sniff out the idea... and I like to keep toying with new ideas.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Go with it and have fun!

Sisters of Battle have a natural resistance to psychic powers.

If you have an Inquisitor and retinue, load up on some psycannon ammunition.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't had a real good chance to really read through the new Templars codex. However if I recall correctly, the Templars detest psykers of any sort and will not ally with any units that are psykers or contain psykers. The exception being Grey Knights. This puts Inquisitors right out the window, since even if you take no powers for them, they still count as psykers. On the other hand, this makes Sisters units fit very well, seeing as they are psychic null to a degree.
    happiness is a temporary chemical imbalance of the true state of mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

I didn't realize a model with no psychic powers could still be considered a psyker.

Why yes, I am a combat pilot. Well, no, I've never actually been in a fight... it's mostly been farms. Okay, and I wasn't flying the plane. Okay, there wasn't even a plane. I was just driving by them in the Volvo. Cows are cute. Moo.

...eh, nobody has ever claimed that 40k makes a lot of sense. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Still, I had Sisters in mind. I suppose I shouldn't have used the word inquisitor, I was thinking of both the SoB and the other models.

This still leaves me wondering about giving my opponents free psychic abilities. I don't particularly mind one way or the other (I can take an anti-psyker vow if need be,) I'm just curious what the rule is since every time I look at that book I end up changing my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This link should take you to the FAQ that states the rule on Psykers:

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...s_faq_v4-0.pdf

As far as the adversaries rule goes, from what I can tell, as long as they fill the compulsary HQ and Troop slots before taking any adversaries, and they have appropriately represented models, then they have every right to take them. If there is somewhere that contradicts this, then I don't see it. However, I play Witchhunters alot, and the only time a player used adversaries rules against me, was when he was playing a WH force as well. Most people aren't even aware of it, at least not in my area. Hope that helps.
    happiness is a temporary chemical imbalance of the true state of mind

+ Reply to Thread