Dreadnought Idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreadnought Idea

I was playing they computer game "Dawn Of War" and I watched as my dreadnought charged into the enemy. The dreadnought slamed its fist into the ground, causing a plast that sent 4 Orks flying.

So i think that it would be neat for dreadnoughts to have a rule that says, instead of using the 2 stength 10 attacks, it could use 1 "Slam attack," that automatically hits, and creates a strength 4 or 5 small blast. You would put the plast marker on any enemy model that is in base to base contact. All enemys that are wounded would still be allowed an armour save.

So what do you think about this rule?

One Shot, One Kill

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Id simply profer something along the chaos rules, for their ICs, where because the weapon is so long, it can hit 3D or something, more ppl, that would be a good rule for dreadnoughts. Although, with how dominating dreads already are in CC, it might be unfair. Its sort of like, the dreadnoughts sweeping advance, would count as the slam attack, since hes always 10 models, you can quickly outnumber, and force the enemy back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exchange 2 ws 4 s10 attacks for a attack that can hit 10?? nahh to powerful. maybee on the blood angels dreadnaught furioso or what its called

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I'd love for my swarms of killa kanz to have access to that.
    AKA
    Probably pretty unbalanced, especially if you only limit it to one army.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

It makes sense. Dreads aren't too efficient in combat with horde armies, so this could even the odds. But it'll never happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would make more sense considering 2 attacks cc attacks for a 105 pt model that is meant for cc i my veiw of things, and i the movies but thats the movies. But i get what your saying and i agree intierly!
    To do the bidding of the god of decay death and corruption is to be rid of all things that makes you weak only in return for the control of your soul!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

i think i'd rather just be able to take a furioso variant dreadnaught in any normal army. i love the two dreadnaught close combat weapons look.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle
    It makes sense. Dreads aren't too efficient in combat with horde armies, so this could even the odds. But it'll never happen.
    I think that to go with that is the fact that alot of the 'horde' aspect of armies are built around critters that would have a hard time smacking the dreadnought around in the first place. The dreadnought can still expect to cull the numbers enough to avoid the random glancing hit that's done should it be outnumbered (and it's my understanding that that hit only takes place if the otherside wins that round of combat). Meanwhile, its not as if my grots or sluggaboyz will be doing all that much damage to it.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea :w00t: It could be fun. However you should make some playtesting with your friends.

It could be a weapon advance. For example 'Shockinf fist' for 10-5 pts instead of normal Fist. Do u have acces to daemon hunters codex?. Grey Knights Terminators has a psychic power than do sometimes like u want, but i dont remeber how many points it cost

In the other hand, i dont think it was so strong cuase you can only hit 2-4 minis with the template.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

yeah, when i first saw that outnumbering rule, although i guess it gives the small hordey units some chance to damage walkers rather than be tied up all game; i thought to myself, instances like this will probably almost never happen. who wastes a 30 squad of gaunts aiming them for a dread. only thing i could see is if it's a dread-heavy space marine army, possible wraithlord-heavy eldar army; pretty much just going against horde-nids army and maybe mob-ork army. other than that, no other armies really field enough guys in a unit to be effected by this. the weaker walkers are more susceptible since most squads are at least 5, but to have 10 by the time you get into contact isn't likely, unless the dreads are drop podding, or the other army doesn't have enough anti-armor firepower.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast