Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Sssh...don't tell anyone I'm playing Space Marines :tongue:
Anyway, I'm planning on taking Black Templars to Winter War in January as they're they only army I really have at this point. The problem is that Winter War is 1000 points and the army I have is only 500, so I need pointers on expanding my force.
The opponents I will be fighting are:
- Space Marines of various chapters, with Dark Angels being the most common and 1 or 2 other BT players
- Eldar, Craftworld I believe, with one known Iyanden Ghost Army
- Chaos Space Marines of various legions, including a few known Iron Warriors and one known Black Legion
- Imperial Guard of various kinds, including one known Armoured Company and one known Elysian Guard
- One (and only one) Dark Eldar Army
My 500 Point list is as follows:
Marshal: Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon (81)
Emperor's Champion: Uphold the Honor of the Emperor (100)
9 Initiates: Bolters, Missile Launcher (154)
9 Initiates, Bolt Pistols, Close Combat Weapons, 1 Flamer, 1 Power Fist (165)
Total: 500 points
I am planning on switching the Marshal for a Chaplain for the 1000 point shift but what else should I take against the kinds of armies I'll be fighting?
you need some regular troops,
and IMO, a Land Raider
Pictures of the Smigs Army for your amusement....
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women"
"JESUS SAVES! the rest of your models each take a wound."