cheese force!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cheese force!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheese force!!

ive been playing with a necron player forever, he decided to play a monolith. he played it in a 1000pts. he paid a pretty penny for it so i didnt care. but he bought 2 liths and played both of them in 1000pts. this was a crazy battle that ended up with him with the victory. we played again i total lost AGAIN. HOW do we beat 2 monoliths in 1ks. i aways have a lascannon on my dreadnaught but he destroys it with his warriors. he blasts and destroys my squads with my other cannons and starts tank shocking!!!! its really pissing me off!!

what do i DO!:cry:

Last edited by bloodybob; November 21st, 2005 at 22:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You leave them there. You don't do anything to them, odds are you can't to begin with. Start killing necrons make them phase out and bam the monoliths disappear too.
    I can read now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use 2 devastator squads with 4 lascannons and tank-hunter skill.
    (one for each monolith) and some basic marines with 6-man squads with lascannon/plasmagun combo. and some cheap HQ with a powerweapon to bash the things that come in CC.
    Dont know how much points that is now, but that would be my way of dealing with those things
    Fight fire with fire, Fight cheese with cheese

[edit] oooh yeah, forgot about the phase-out jtm mentioned. that's probably a better idea.
    Last edited by chaosdude; November 21st, 2005 at 22:47.
    Chaos does not need explaining! guess what? Chaos cannot be explained!
    Quote Originally Posted by BobaHat
    Chaosdude is a dutch, heretic surfer who hangs around the red light district picking up daemonettes..

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Two Monoliths in 1000 points?

Okay, so, roughly 500 points spent right there...

Meaning, he has very few Necron units.

So, how is this such a cheesy list? I honestly think he's a horrible strategist if he's doing that...

Just take anti-Necron weapons and completely ignore the Monoliths. Go for Phase Out.

Should be a heck of a lot easier than a normal 1000 point Necron list.

jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops ignore this till it gets deleted. Sorry.
    Last edited by jtm; November 21st, 2005 at 22:54.
    I can read now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Phase out:

When a Necron force is reduced to 25% of its original amount of Necron units, the entire army leaves the battlefield and you win.

Necron units: Necron Lord, Immortals, flayed ones, warriors, destroyers, wraiths, heavy desotroyers.

So, add up all those units, say he has 40 in total (probably less if hes fielding 2 liths, points wise he only has enough room for a lord and 20-30 warriors) all you need do is kill 30 of them and the entire force automatically loses.

Chances are, if hes fielding 2 liths, the rest of his army is comprised of 1 lord with equipment, and 2 10-15 man warrior squads. If you can tell us exactly what he uses we can tell you exactly what to do to show him the error of his ways.

Basically your looking for strength 8 ap3 shooty weapons and close combat powerweapons. Missile launchers are your best bet. Honestly an 8 man 4 missile launcher squad should be able to deal with this army all by itself. Well almost.

Couple points to remember:

Monoliths, being skimmers, dont block LOS for shooting, so you can shoot stuff behind it.

He cant fire the particle whip (template weapon) and teleport warriors in the same turn.

Personally I hate seeing this happen to people. If you post what you have access to and what he fields, ill build you a list and show you how to use it to make him regret spending all that money on a second lith.
    Last edited by Chaosbrynn; November 21st, 2005 at 23:03.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Senior Member DominionWeaponsGroup's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -66 (x0)

Actually that would be pretty hard to beat. Assuming he keeps his necrons hidden throughout the game those monoliths can tear marines a new one when they deepstrike. Especially in 1K where you dont have a huge amount of LasCannons, which are pretty much the only thing that Marines have which will drop a Monolith. Out other Anti-Tank options basically get nerfed by the living metal. No tank hunter, no meltas, no assault cannons.

I think its beatable, but it will require you to bring alot of assault marines, bikes, and D-Pod marines. Bring as many meltas as you can and try to hunt down his limited # of necrons.
    Take life seriously, its lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:realmad: :realmad: :realmad: HE NEVER TOLD me about the pahse out rule.

To tell you guys the truth ive only fought necrons 3times, hes been playing elder in the past so its his "newest army" but thats such bull crap, hes been cheating!!!
    i feel sick:x

thanks Chaosbrynn for that offer, but im going to freaken kill me friend so no need to make a list:shifty:

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodybob
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:realmad: :realmad: :realmad: HE NEVER TOLD me about the pahse out rule.

To tell you guys the truth ive only fought necrons 3times, hes been playing elder in the past so its his "newest army" but thats such bull crap, hes been cheating!!!
    i feel sick:x

thanks Chaosbrynn for that offer, but im going to freaken kill me friend so no need to make a list:shifty:
    Cheating? How is he cheating?

Just because he didn't tell you about a rule doesn't necessarily mean he's cheating. A bit unsportsmanlike, but no reason to call someone a cheater.

Know thy enemy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis

Know thy enemy.
    more like "know thy friend". hes been known to cheat at everything, i didnt know he would sink that low in warhammer.

if you play with ppl who keep hiding their codex and keep winning and find out, then its unsportsmanlike, however when they been playing necrons for a long time then its cheating. stupid robots!:sleep:

however i havn't checked if hes been playing the "right" rules for elder.....
    Last edited by bloodybob; November 21st, 2005 at 23:28.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast