Why Does The Vindicare Assassin Suck? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, since he is in the DH codex...

Vindcare assassin has BS 5, 2+ to hit standard, WHY, oh why does his rifle have the same rules as a sniper rifle? A sniper rifle always hits on a 2+, regardless of who has it. A vindicare assassin can hit on a 2+, regardless of what he's shooting with. Can anyone else see the unused redundancy here?

Hes a friging assassin by trade, he costs alot, and HE SUCKS!! My scout snipers are more effective at killing specail characters then he is because of sheer numbers alone! and his specail ammo is WORTHLESS, except maybe using hellfire to take out specail weapons units instead of characters. odds are you'll waste the other two rounds when you roll to wound.

hell, his pistol is stronger then that big-ass rifle hes got.

Did i miss something that makers him not suck, lke can he move and fire? or, something besides those worthless specail ammo rounds, and the invulnerable save any self respecting sniper would never need, and the fearless stuff that almost never applies cause he is supposed to be ranged death incarnate but instaed hes just a pansy in a spandex suit with a BBgun.

Please someone tell me what i am overlooking that makes him worthwhile!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a vindicare assassin had anything resembling realistic capabilities he would dominate the battlefield in 40k, making the game unbalanced. Granted, this is what snipers do, but...

I think that his rifle should be much better but should only be able to be fired after a turn of doing completely nothing, to represent him setting up for the shot.
    "Don't Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completly agree, people tend to exaggerate his abilities.

But as an example; in a six turn game, he can't kill more that 6 models with his rifle. But he does not suck, used correctly he can be much better than an average sniper. The Vindicare has his stealth suit, and he can choose what model he wants to target
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The vindicare assassin is really good against certain armies, especially ones that have negative consequences when certain things die. Examples: Tyranid Hive Hodes, Ork slavers (always funny watching the grots run after that happens&#33, eldar warlocks (really screws over wraithguard), Chaos daemonvessels (unstable greater daemons don't usually last too long), Imperial guard command characters, eldar support/heavy weapon gunners (this one really pisses people off&#33, and Tau Ethereals. I'm quite sure there are more things you could wreak havoc upon, but I think I have probably made my point. The vindicare doesn't fit into the usual "worth taking if it can kill its points in enemy models" but rather "how many problems can I cause my enemy so he/she spends way too much time and effort going after the assassin?" If you want a regular old kick the crap out of things assassin, use the eversor. The culexus, vindicare, and callidus assassins require much more thought to use effectively but can be much more damaging to your opponent's battle plan. The vindicare is actually my favorite of the bunch with the culexus coming in a close second. :ph34r:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also forgot to mention that the vindicare's rifle is WAY better than a regular sniper rifle seeing as how it's AP2 rather than no AP at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to speak for rtsposer, but I'm going to guess one of the big parts about the Vindicare that makes it kind of suck is that if it shoots something there is, at best, slightly below a 50/50 chance it will go down. Sure, it can pick off individual models, but not with the lethality that a real sniper can pull off and that would be really cool, but a little over powering (a Vindicare cannot achieve the traditional sniper's principal of one shot, one kill).
    "Don't Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a Vindicare cannot achieve the traditional sniper's principal of one shot, one kill
    While this is true, the vindicare gets alot more opportunities to shoot than a modern day sniper does. Hence the one in "one shot one kill". I just re-read the assassins rules and I think I am going to start using an assassin with my marines, just because nobody I play with is in any way prepared for that kind of disruption. I think I'll probably use a vindicare about half of the time and a callidus the rest. I'm tempted to take a culexus against one of my friend's Ulthwe army, but that just reeks of cheese!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why I said he should have to take a complete turn of doing nothing before he can fire his rifle. One could assume he is getting set up, cleaning the barrel, etc. Then let him take a very lethal shot, say making him wound on a 2+ or 3+ and saying if he rolls a 6 to hit then the model is killed regardless of wounds (as long as all relevant saves are failed). Even perhaps bump the AP up to 3 just to balance it off a little more (though the small number of characters and troops who have access to 2+ armor saves makes that not as effective), and raise his point cost...by a lot!

I still agree he doesn't suck, but I just think he could be made into much more of an assassin type sniper by making him more lethal but limiting him to fewer shots. I don't know, I just think if an assassin sniper takes a shot at someone, unless they have great armor that saves them they should go down.

As for teh Culexus, I would say take him! That's not cheesy, that's what the Culexus is for! I mean, wouldn't the Officio Assassinorum dispatch a Culexus to deal with such a threat?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason most snipers only take one shot total is because they aren't manically suicidal, this doesn't apply to the vindicare. And on a real battle feild instead of a genuine assassination attempt, where you have targets all around you just begging to be shot, it should be like shooting fish in a barrel, and it is, except most of the time when you shoot a fish and hit it it dies, not so for his stupid rifle.

My point is, and always was, the assassin could have a BS:1 and still hit on a 2+ and wound on 4+, your paying for that BS:5 so you really ought to be able to fully capitalize on it by eliminating redundancy in place of increased lethality.

I mean, lets face it folks, when a PISTOL become more lethal then a heavy weapon rifle you know something is seriously wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont like the vindy either but his gun does has a 2 piercing and he can snipe out heavy weapons guys in squads and sergs and stuff :ph34r:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast