LR vs LRC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LR vs LRC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LR vs LRC

Question for some of you… Which tank, the LR or the LRC is more versatile:glare: ? I’m going to buy one for my army but have used neither. To be honest I mostly just feel like painting a tank. But I just may use the thing someday and would like to hear from those who use them regularly.

Tanks

ps: I did skim a little for this question and didnt fint the answer I was looking for

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i thin in this battle it all comes down to points. They both cost so darn much but LRC is outragous points wise. Even though it can lay down some serious fire power. I use normal land raiders. it saves points and i only use them to transport so i dont need all the extras the LRC gives you.
    Proud member of the US clan!
    United states Marines!

Look for Divine Guidance under the LO top site list!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

I'm forced to disagree. The LRC is slightly more expensive, but only slightly, and on the plus side can carry more men and has a tremendous amount of firepower devoted to mainly one thing, killing infantry, especially horde type infantry. The regular LR is a severly messed up vehicle under these set of rules. It SHOULD be a transport, but can carry only as many troops as a Rhino and in only slightly greater safety; if you happen to be fighting DE,CE or Necrons, its only barely better than a Rhino, and its guns are not focused to any one task. So, to answer the original question, the LR has more versitility, but this is not a good thing. Its basically mediocre at all of its assigned tasks, while the LRC does its one (possibly 2 but they go together) task quite well.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

I'm more or less with Grey on this one. The LR can hurt almost any infantry model with ease, but it gets very few shots. It's got a pair of twinlinked Lascannons that tanks don't like, though. A better source of tankbusting firepower would be a Dread with a TL Lascannon and a Missile Launcher.

However, for just 5 more points, the LRC carries more men, has extra armor, a TL Assault Cannon, 6 TL Bolters (which can always shoot - ALWAYS), and a Multimelta. Add on a pintle Storm Bolter for the heck of it and you have an utterly disgusting pile of anti-infantry firepower. That Multimelta gives it quite respectable emergency tankbuster ability, too. Cooler still, anybody assaulting out of the LRC gets automatic Frag grenades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree with you guys on that. I just dont use them that much. thats why i go with they LR. Id rather spend the points on my commander. Not saying your wrong thats just how i play the game.
    Proud member of the US clan!
    United states Marines!

Look for Divine Guidance under the LO top site list!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    100 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Rosado
    They both cost so darn much but LRC is outragous points wise.
    What, 5 points difference? How exactly is that outrageous?

I'd go with the LRC, it can do anti-tank, and a hell of a lot of troop killing. Land-Raider's just aren't good enough for me, 2 Lascannons is not enough for that amount of points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The handy thing about the LRC is that since it's a transport you're going to drive it straight at your opponent's army anyway, which makes up for the shorter range of its weaponry. That and with the new Assault Cannon rules, that AC/Multi-melta combo is just plain scary, even compared to two TLLC.
    "HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you buy a land raider, go with the LRC, you'll find it comes with both the assault c, multi melt, hurricane bolters, and it also comes with the lasannons and HB.

So, if you can find away to make the sponsons interchangeable(magnets, putty) you have both choices
    One Shot, One Kill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm, Blue wave you sold me.
    Landraider Crusaider seems like the best way to go if it comes with the spruce to make the TLLC and HB. I can just use those tiny magnets and have them interchage should I ever use a LR.

Senior Member impending slaughter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

If you want versatility then go for the LR, as that can be used for either long range or rushing, depending on the opponent. If your army is geared heavily for cc or you want it as a transport for a HQ or cc unit go for LRC. Btw if you just want to paint a tank go for allied pred or IG tank of some kind, the turrets just look cooler on those ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast