Avatars and such for SM - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

How come SM don't have an avatar of the Emperor? Alot of races have a Avatar of something or god of this and that, you'd think maybe a construct powered by the will of the Emperor would be reasonable in this world.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shut up you Heretic ( MAY THE EMPEROR CAST HIS WRATH UPON YOU! anyways nah i dont think any human related race would use an avatar

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

They have an titans. Apart from that their Chaplians who wear a mask of the Emperor. The probably believe that their isn't anything worthy enough to embody the emperor, and if their was it would probably in the shape of a normal human.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

They have their Heroes, and as said, the Chaplains are the closest you get to an Avatar of the Emperor. If you think about it, every single Space Marine is an avatar of the Emperor since they were created from his flesh. (Similar to the Eldar Avatars being shards of Khaine)
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also because a Space marine army doesn't need one. I also think that if any marine said that he was the living embodyment of the Emperor the chaplin would kill him outright.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Which makes me think about the Emperor's Champion, there you have your Avatar.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Having a living embodiment of the Emperor would be treated in Space Marin terms like a random bloke saying he's Jesus Christ would in real life. With ridicule and get banged up or killed.
    The chaplains wouldn't stand for it, but neither would any of the unplayable characters in the game, so the chaplains wouldn't even get to have anything to do with it.

BUT, as a little aside, it could be an interesting spin on it somewhere along the line where the emperor had a son (just for example) or another primarch which was never recovered, which layed dormant some where in deep space, or the Eye, and has been severely corrupted and leads Chaos on the next 'heresy'. Stronger than horus but with no one of the emperors might to defeat.

Let the bad guys win for a change. Then make a movie out of it.
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

You realise what happens if, chaos for example, were to ever beat the Imperium right? That giant portal to the warp opens up and the true forms of the chaos gods go up against the near-dead emperor and win, destroy the galaxy and end the game for everyone<_<

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Senior Member impending slaughter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever
    You realise what happens if, chaos for example, were to ever beat the Imperium right? That giant portal to the warp opens up and the true forms of the chaos gods go up against the near-dead emperor and win, destroy the galaxy and end the game for everyone<_<
    LOL!

Anyway, you guys do realise that the Emperor has had an avatar (host of the emperor's divine will ) in the fluff before, Sebastian Thor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Well, it's all got to end sometime....

No but seriously, although it may cheese people off, I think a phaseing out of certain armies should begin soon.
    The Eldar rarely get to use Harlequins or Exodites any more, ork freebooters have gone, the squats, the rat folk (what were they called again)...in other words times change and races die.
    Now that race could be Eldar, as they are a dying race by their own admission, it could be 'standard' chaos, as when a CM falls there isn't another to take it's place. Daemons and what not would still be around mind.
    I don't know...it's just that, since I started playing, Dark Eldar, Tau, Necrons have all just appeared from nowhere, and Witch Hunters, Daemon Hunters and Tyranids have quietly snook up on us.
    That's basically six more armies compared to the demise of none.

On a capatlist front I'm sure GW could conjure up such an exercise in a very financially beneficial out look for themselves. Like a mass campaign, Tyranids Vs Ultramarines for example, and the loser is no more. Ever. Vanquished. Each and every race in this universe has the capability to wipe another one out. Why hasn't it happened yet?
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast