Nid vs. Marine Infantry Fight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nid vs. Marine Infantry Fight

Ok, so me and a friend who will be playing Tyranids wanted to do a grunt slugfest. He's basically fielding an all Genestealer brood, with one supped up Broodlord one. The Stealers in that one will have 3 Attk and 4+ armor, and he has about 70 others. 1500pt game.

I'm going to be limited to 2 Whirlwinds, and whatever infantry combo I can come up with.

*REVISED LIST*

I had so far figured on:

4 x 8 Tac Marines (Hvy Bolter, Plasma Gun) - 540pts

3 x 6 Tac Marines (Missle Launcher, Plasma Gun) - 285pts

1 x 5 Terminators (Assault Cannon x2)

Chapter Master (Power Sword, Bolt Pistol) - 91 pts

1 x 5 Dev Squad (Hvy Bolter x4) - 135pts

2 Whirlwinds - 170pts

Seems about as much hvy firepower as I can squeeze into and Infantry company, given the setup. 8 Hvy Bolters, 7 Plasma Guns, 3 Missle Launchers, 2 Assault Cannons, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Last edited by slamfu; December 1st, 2005 at 19:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

A dread could be usefull to absorb a charge if you really want to or a couple assault squads can be used to counter charge good idea except they wont shoot so dont give em guns and you want them to strike first (dont know I of nids) so no powerfists. And maybe a couple landspeeder tornados could be useful to harass and mislead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yanno with all those rending claws I think a dreadnought would just get ripped to pieces pretty quick by a charging Genestealer brood. Their Initiative is 6, so they are going to go first in all Assaults, and powerfists look really nice. Also, I'm a huge fan of Landspeeders(anything to squeeze in some more Assault Cannons) but I did say I would limit my vehicles to just the 2 whirlwinds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

I'd put a devestator squad with 4 heavy bolters in. 12 shots at 36" which will ignore their armour save sounds alright to me.
    "You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou Dun
    I'd put a devestator squad with 4 heavy bolters in. 12 shots at 36" which will ignore their armour save sounds alright to me.
    Very, very good idea here.

You can't get much better than your standard bolters and Heavy Bolters. Throw in the odd Plasma Gun or Power Fist for the 'Lord, and there you have it.

I'd take as much infantry as I can, and leave the Terminators at home. Or, at least, make it a smalllll squad and use them for some Assault Cannon love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not sure whether this would work, but get one or 2 empty rhinos and charge them up towards the nids, try tank shocking. but the main purpose is to create mobile terrian. try to get the nids forces to slow down, then u might be able to give yourself an extra turn of shooting... and if they destory your rhino, some of them might get killed (if it explodes), and they cant sweeping advance... and it is cheaper than an assault squad... btw, i've never tried this before...

maybe give your master of your vet sergeant with auspex if u have spare pts.. this allows you to shoot at the infiltrating broodlord (if he is going to infiltrate it)...

bikes or attack bikes might be a good idea...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definately go with a 8 man dev squad with 4 missile launchers. the templates can take out the hordes and the krak should be able to handle the broodlord alright. land speeder tornadoes are golden. the 4 heavy bolter group is good too. i ahve great luck with heavy bolters against my friend who plays nids. i personally dont like terminators or an expensive commander, but that is a personal preference. you could create some interesting choke points with castellan missiles on the whirlwinds....hmm. with the points from the cheaper commander and the terminators, you could buy some lst's and termie honors for the tac squads, which is kinda helpful for cc, but i guess it doesn't really matter while using a commander. i usually take chaplains rather than a commander
    "Fortune favors the bold." - Virgil
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Heavy Flamers.

If you can, get in some Heavy Flamers on a Terminator squad, in a landspeer, and certainly on your Dreadnought if you take it. Since you said mostly infantry, I guess the speeder is out, as is the last thing I would suggest, some Razorbacks with twin linked heavy bolters with 5 man squads with a flamer in them.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Senior Member DominionWeaponsGroup's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -66 (x0)

certainly as many HB as you can bring. I like the terminators, only in a smaller squad since they really lose in CC to Genestealers. If you've got 2 more AC then bring a 2nd squad, they will absolutely murder 'stealers. ML are a bad idea since they dont punch the 'stealers save. If he isnt upping the rest of the 'stealers saves then the assault squads with flamers should be pretty good. I know you said it was going to be an all grunt fight, but if he'll let you consider a LRC.
    Take life seriously, its lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the rock says- you should keep the squads small and get as may heavy bolters as possible. erry body loves ap 4
    Creator and Head Patriot of USA Clan
    Head of Rap in the LO Music Clan
    "What can I say, I'm a repoholic. Just can't get enough of that repohol."
    I want everyone to remeber why they need us!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast