BT Sword Bretherens - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BT Sword Bretherens

Hi Brothers

I was thinking of a unit of 9 Sword Bretherens togethor with the Emporers Champion in a Drop Pod.....they are a little bit expensive for my tastes but if they drop....they will definately do a lot of damage!

What do you think?

EMPORERS CHAMPION LAZARUS
    GETHSEMANE CRUSADE...TUTIOS FIDEI

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

You come up against the ever popular question of ICs joining squads in a Drop Pod. While it seems perfectly reasonable, there isn't a single rule that I've ever seen that allows an IC to join up with a squad in a way that lets you do this. There are rules for joining during the movement phase and for during deployment. Unfortunately, during deployment, the phrase "on the table" is used. This is generally interpreted to mean in the deployment zone, on the actual table. Drop Pod units are off in reserves land. So unless you want to take a liberal interpretation of "on the table"... you can't stick that Emperor's Champion in with the Sword Brethren.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm thats the main reason why I posted this thread because it tells you on the table but not specifying!!! I agree with you
    EMPORERS CHAMPION LAZARUS
    GETHSEMANE CRUSADE...TUTIOS FIDEI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dole
    While it seems perfectly reasonable, there isn't a single rule that I've ever seen that allows an IC to join up with a squad in a way that lets you do this. There are rules for joining during the movement phase and for during deployment.
    This is quite correct. IC cannot be deployed with a squad. If he could you would have a problem with your deep strike. As he would have to make a seperate reserve roll. That is one of the reasons that you cannot use him with a drop pod.

The only way you can get arround it is a Land Raider. Deployed in HS. Sword Brothers Then Deploy in the Land Raider in Troop deployment. Then finally you would have to deploy the Emerors champion Joining the squad in the HQ phase.

Please correct me if I am wrong in what I have said. As thats how I use my deployment.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordinkain
    The only way you can get arround it is a Land Raider. Deployed in HS. Sword Brothers Then Deploy in the Land Raider in Troop deployment. Then finally you would have to deploy the Emerors champion Joining the squad in the HQ phase.
    It is indeed correct for units on the table, it's pg 81 or 84 of the BGB, IIRC.

I'd allow IC's to join drop podding units - life is too short to start making your opponent do something slightly odd with his units for the sake of a grey area in the rules.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread