New SM scouts - give 'em a chance - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New SM scouts - give 'em a chance

As soon as I saw the new SM scout models in WD I was in love.

They will be my new Hardened Veterans!

The legs give new dynamic poses to the existing army without changing the look to much.
    The arms can be used as they are, simply stripped off the bolters and restocked with lasguns or some other IG nasties. The scouts' small shoulder armour fits nicely with the Cadian armour.
    And the skull motifs on the gloves should be filed off.

The only thing so far I have not used is the SM body but everything else is readily usable.

I mean Hey! if the SMurfs get all the new and sometimes even cool models why not use this to our advantage.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member impending slaughter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Its kinda funny you mention this, I'm gonna use them as traitors in my Black Legion army! They are pretty cool models

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

I think I'll mix some Cadian, Catachan and plastic Scouts for my veterans. You can never have to many extra bits when you're making a veteran squad.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the scouts do have potential for a variety of IG models the way i see it.

-for alternative storm troopers or guardsmen with carapace armour. i remember the conversion for ellyrian drop troopers in a WD a couple of years back. maybe some goggles etc.
    -hardened veterans as you have suggested.

hmm, i thought i'd have a 3rd idea, but i guess not...
    Spoiling is a way of life!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

command squad ill use one as a decked out command squad
    "My troops can eat their belts. But my tanks gotta have gas."
    General George S. Patton
    my armies
    "They have a gun called the death arc!They are now my favorite 40k race!"me quoting about the xenarch
    The home page of my army
    http://www.bridesburg.net/anthonain_army/index.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dammit, i just made my vets. oh well, if i need a bigger squad...

Does anyone know if there are any 'add ons' (holstered pistols, cool looking indescript equipment pack, etc.) in the set?
    They shall be my Imperial Guard and they shall know some fear...

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo-of-petrov
    Does anyone know if there are any 'add ons' (holstered pistols, cool looking indescript equipment pack, etc.) in the set?
    There's a picture of the entire plastic scout sprue in UK White Dwarf 311. The UK online store usually has pictures of the sprues aswell, though I couldn't seem to find the one for the scouts.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo-of-petrov
    The models come with their holsters and some pockets molded on, not extra. On the sprue there is a bigger bag or backpack, some belt pouches, new grenades in a different design then the ones on the cadian sprues and two different ropes attachable to the belt.
    Cool but IMHO not IG like is the shorter version of the Heavy Bolter to be carried by a single man.

And of course there are 4 shotguns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THanks, the reason i'm asking is that i'm contantly hording add ons to make my vets look that much more individual.
    They shall be my Imperial Guard and they shall know some fear...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...I think I might use them for my Veteran Riot Squad (my army is based around a police force, and I need a 'normal' riot squad to complement my Adeptus Arbites)...I'm gonna have 3xRiot Shield/Shock Maul (with some sort of pistol stuck on somewhere, to be used as las pistol and combat weapon) and 3xGrenade Launcher). I'll use the five scout models, shave down the armer a lot (so they can pass for having flak armour) and somehow develop a sergeant...Or maybe I'd be better off buying two boxes and having a full squad...except that's gonna be pricey for riot shields/shock mauls on 7 guys (I already have 3 though)...Decisions decisions....Either way the new scouts are definately workable into an imperial guard army.
    Don't ask what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country, Only once you have asked yourself that shall your country do everything in its power for you --My twist on a JFK quote

Vote Communist.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast