How to tell when your IG is too big - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 91
  1. #1
    Senior Member Deltaguard1894's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the capital of the world
    Age
    34
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    -52 (x0)

    How to tell when your IG is too big

    Well i saw this in the tyranid folder, and thought it applies to us to.. here are my reasons that I actually experience gamewise and storage wise:

    10. when the only time you field all your figures is at a limitless point game at a friends' house or at a mega battle
    9. When you have more leman russes than the opposition has elite models
    8. When you can literally at a standing position rapidfire over 500 shots a turn, just lasguns.
    7. When template weapons really no longer bother you or cause you to cringe, but instead look at them as space clearers for you to advance towards cover and objectives.
    6. When you can beat the Khorne bererkers is a CC simply by attrition of men (he kills 10, you kill 1)
    5. When you have an entire bookshelf, covered end to end, all 5 6in x 3 shelves are covered end to end in guard, or tanks.
    4. When you require at least 2 large boxes to send your army across statelines in ur car.
    3. When you have mastered an equation to make perfectly identical catachans/cadians/ etc/
    2. When your first shooting phase makes your opponent cry as his whole front line is cut down, and you missed over 1/2 your rolls/
    1. When you begin to think of ground gained in bodies paid.

    "Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of free speech, then you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise. Otherwise, you're not in favor of free speech."
    youve been legal pwned

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Ubernyaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Just beyond the veil of reality (the darkness comes!)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    598
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    24 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaguard1894
    4. When you require at least 2 large boxes to send your army across statelines in ur car.
    I use 2 boxes, a tupperware container, and the catachan battleset box (I've got 4k points of guards)
    "And any man who comes through this fight mostly unharmed will be my sister! It'll be free frocks and jollies for ever, you'll see!"
    - Rome: Total War

    my armies
    9th Black Watch (Imperial Guard) 4000 points
    Red Corsairs of Khorne 2000 points
    Space Wolves 13th Company 2000 points

  4. #3
    durus Diggums Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Victoria B.C
    Posts
    2,578
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaguard1894
    Well i saw this in the tyranid folder, and thought it applies to us to.. here are my reasons that I actually experience gamewise and storage wise:

    10. when the only time you field all your figures is at a limitless point game at a friends' house or at a mega battle
    9. When you have more leman russes than the opposition has elite models
    8. When you can literally at a standing position rapidfire over 500 shots a turn, just lasguns.
    7. When template weapons really no longer bother you or cause you to cringe, but instead look at them as space clearers for you to advance towards cover and objectives.
    6. When you can beat the Khorne bererkers is a CC simply by attrition of men (he kills 10, you kill 1)
    5. When you have an entire bookshelf, covered end to end, all 5 6in x 3 shelves are covered end to end in guard, or tanks.
    4. When you require at least 2 large boxes to send your army across statelines in ur car.
    3. When you have mastered an equation to make perfectly identical catachans/cadians/ etc/
    2. When your first shooting phase makes your opponent cry as his whole front line is cut down, and you missed over 1/2 your rolls/
    1. When you begin to think of ground gained in bodies paid.

    Welcome to the Guard!
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

  5. #4
    Senior Member Deltaguard1894's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the capital of the world
    Age
    34
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    -52 (x0)

    11. when your opponents tyranid army is outnumbered by your troop choices, and his carni will probably lose all his wounds to small arms fire

    12. Your officer cadre can be considered a viable nmber of troops for 40K in a flash

    13. Your commissars have executed every officer, psyker, and sergeant, and your army i still holding the line and kicking xeno ass
    14. at some point your army has retreated due to bad dice rolls and it looks like a biblical portrayal of the exodus or lemmings jumping off the table edge/

    15. Youve got so many ogryns that youve created a "short blue bus" looking chimera variant for the retards to travel with u to the shop.

    16. You still remember the old yarrick rule of get up and fight n the last wound and have been personally responsible for his 28+ rises in one game before he finally keels over to a goblin blasta!
    "Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of free speech, then you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise. Otherwise, you're not in favor of free speech."
    youve been legal pwned

  6. #5
    Senior Member Red Zinfandel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    962
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

    ... 17. When the table colapses before you've deployed your elites.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reputation
    3 (x1)

    so far #17 is the best one! LOL nice job R Z

    I dont think I can even compete with that one! lol...

  8. #7
    Junior Member }{ead}{unter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    18. When the only troops choice you can take is an armoured fist squad cos chimeras fit nicely into the 8X8 ft wall of them you've stacked in your garage...

  9. #8
    Senior Member Broadside_Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Age
    29
    Posts
    948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

    19: 'What do you mean, am I done setting up? That was just first platoon.'
    Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.

    Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
    Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
    Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.

  10. #9
    LO Zealot
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Two River WI, US
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

    20.) When you can play epic... in 40k scale.

    I only have about 2500pts, but hopefully I'll have more soon.
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

    Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

  11. #10
    Senior Member Gandhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadside_Pilot
    19: 'What do you mean, am I done setting up? That was just first platoon.'
    This actually happened to me my first game. I set up my HQ and then moved on to the support squads and my friend looked at me all funny. So I looked back and said "Whaaaat, this is only my ONE HQ choice"

    He almost died when I set up my troops choice, 35 infantry...:shifty:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts