Necromundan Guardsmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necromundan Guardsmen

Hey all...

I was wondering what everyone though of using some of th Necromunda figures for Imperial Guardsmen...

Namely, which Necromunda Houses link closest to the various Imperial Guard regiments? I'm personally interested in Catachan, but I figure thi is something everyone could be interested in...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Well, I'm not sure if the different houses could really be linked to separate IG regiments. It is my understanding that Necromunda is a single Hive city in which all of the different houses reside. (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

I do, however, know that they can be greatly utilized as figures for a hive gang militia unit or even as a conscript platoon.

Hope that helps at least a little.
    My 40K Armies:
    ----------------
    - Thousand Sons
    - Mordian Imperial Guard

- TAU
    - Dark Eldar

My Fantasy Armies:
    ---------------------
    - Lhamian Vampire Counts
    - Empire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I meant which regiments the models could fit in without looking extremely out of place.

Orlocks look a lot like modern gang members, and some of the models could reasonably fit into a Catachan army. I'm thinking of using the heavy with the Heavy Bolter for some of my squads.

I'm also thinking of using the Clan Escher models as a regiment of Catachan Hardened Veterans, just for the sake of having a unique and flavorful squad.

The Van Saar look a LOT like the Star Wars storm troopers (just replace their head with a space marine head), and would work as IG storm troopers.

The Delaque have a heavy holding a lascannon... I'm going to take this arm and use it for one of my heavy weapon squads.

The models in the Enforcers range would make perfect storm troopers, and their robotic dogs would be interesting to try to work in.

The Spyrer have some of the coolest models:
    - The Yeld Spyrer w/ wings would make cool stormtroopers (the wings could represent their deep strike and infiltration abilities)
    - The claws on the Malcadon are perfect for cutting off and giving to one of your models to represent a power weapon.
    - The patriarch might be adaptable into a techpriest.
    - The Matriarch could be adapted into something... I just like the chain-scythe!

The Ratskins would work for warrior weapons indoctrinated armies.

The Pit Slave arms & models int he classics range would work really well for servitors and techpriest retinue. you could also use them as part of an adeptus mechanicus army (somewhere on the GW site)

I'm still trying to figure out some uses for the other houses...

+ Reply to Thread