DA command squad? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DA command squad?

I believe i have the old DA codex, in this one the HQ's command squad was either Termis, bikes or a normal Tactical squad.

Are Dark Angels able to use normal command squads now? (im tryingto get back into 40k)

I really like Dark Angels, but id like to be able to put my HQ in a Assaulty squad.
    Also, do dark Angels get Vet squads or jsut Termies like it used to be.

Im gunna try and get to the store sometime tonight or soon to check the new codex out, im just trying to get an idea if I even want to play them.

Oh oh and can dark Angels have a Deathwatch Kill Team join them or still no allies at all?

He's coming for you...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

I believe i have the old DA codex, in this one the HQ's command squad was either Termis, bikes or a normal Tactical squad.
    Dark angles may now use normal command squads. Though it could be reasoned that you may not clame they are in the first or second company.

Are Dark Angels able to use normal command squads now? (im tryingto get back into 40k)
    yes.

I really like Dark Angels, but id like to be able to put my HQ in a Assaulty squad.
    This has always been legal, but remember they are not a true command squad, so if you deep strike they roll speratly. ALthough you shouldnt deep strike them.

Im gunna try and get to the store sometime tonight or soon to check the new codex out, im just trying to get an idea if I even want to play them.
    Happy Hunting.

Oh oh and can dark Angels have a Deathwatch Kill Team join them or still no allies at all?
    Negative. Dark angles may not include any allies be it demon hunters, witch hunters, or deathwatch. However, in a campaign they may ally any force, so long as it is in a sperate FOC. Basically, there is one army fighting to, and as luck would have it, the dark angles have shown up to save you. Peace
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Most of forge's comments are right.

Quote Originally Posted by MasokisticAngel
    With the new FAQ, DA can only use command squads and Terminator command squads from codex: Space Marines, but termies are stubborn. No Deathwing command squad with apothecary, standard, etc. anymore.

Exactly the same way as in Codex: SM, except that they can have a bigger selection standards (any of the 3 sacred atandards, or chapter Banner).

Go ahead, he counts as attached as reviewed in Codex: SM and the new rule book, but the only ability any of the 2 units can get from the other is stubborn.

Just termies.

The new DA codex is coming out around spring next year, so you might want to wait.

Nope, just like forged said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hum, im looking at my book and it doesnt say they can use a command squad.
    So im glad they can.

Also it doesnt say anything about Veteran Marines. The only elites in this old codex are Termies and dreads.
    So they can use Vet squads to? Thats definantly kool.

So I can have a few close combat units if I really want.
    Not being able to use deathwatch is kinda dissapointing, but I guess a veteran squad is really just as good, minus the kool ammo.

Plus im sure the Want to field a Deathwatch squad will be gone once I finished reading the book I am about them.(warrior brood)

Aright, so I think Dark Angels are going to be it then, thanks alot.

Bleh so now i read the second post and they Cant get vet squads? Thats dissapointing..
    Last edited by MasokisticAngel; December 4th, 2005 at 00:04.

He's coming for you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x4)

Bleh so now i read the second post and they Cant get vet squads? Thats dissapointing..
    meh, I don't like em anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about Deathwatch, but Dark Angels can take Daemonhunter and Witchhunter allies. The rules for what is allowed to be taken as allies is located in each respective Codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No from what I remember Dark Angels cant take Any allies, secrative punks.
    And how do you not like Vet squads? They have the bp/ccw option, term honours all around if you want.

You can have a power fist/ light claws And another power weapons.

So just as I understand, the dark Angels only Vet squads are the Deathwing, which makes sense but is really dissapointing.

So what do dark angels use to assault with? Just normal bolter marines and i guess assault units if you like the jump pack thing. Which im not too fond of.

Maybe Dark Angels arent they army for me? But they are so damn kool.

He's coming for you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the new DA codex out? Or is it "new" compared to the old one? I think i would have heard about it if there was a brand new one: tyranids, reg. sm, and blk templars all made a big buzz.
    "My inner self could whup your inner self!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"New" compared to my old one.

the New New one is supposedly coming out relatively soon, im just trying to get an idea of the units they are able to field, mostly their command squads and if they ca use vet squads.

He's coming for you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x4)

No from what I remember Dark Angels cant take Any allies, secrative punks.
    It used to be that they couldn't take any non-human allies, but now they can't have any allies of any sort (except in a 2 player game or something).

And how do you not like Vet squads? They have the bp/ccw option, term honours all around if you want.
    Because for the points, an assault squad with an attached chaplain would be much more effective.

You can have a power fist/ light claws And another power weapons.
    Yeah, but if they get shot a lot, you lose a lot in relatively few models.

So just as I understand, the dark Angels only Vet squads are the Deathwing, which makes sense but is really dissapointing.
    Or, you could drop pod a 10 man tactical squad with a powerfist ad meltagun, which can be deadly.

So what do dark angels use to assault with? Just normal bolter marines and i guess assault units if you like the jump pack thing. Which im not too fond of.
    Well, DA are a shooty army.

the best thing we have for assault is a 300 pt maxed out ravenwing bike squad. It has 3 melta weapons, 6 models (plus a chaplain on bike), and a powerfisted sergeant, which is enough to kill 10 marines every turn. Better yet, only kill 9 so you can kill the last one in your opponent's turn, and then in your turn you can assault something else. If used properly, they can be very devastating, but will cost a lot of points.

Maybe Dark Angels arent they army for me? But they are so damn kool.
    The only things Nilla marines can have that DA can't are scout bikers and veteran squads, and a command squad can do everything a vet squad can do except better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast